1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UPenn: No LORs?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dippedindettol, Jul 31, 2006.

1. dippedindettol

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My AADSAS was sent out on July 17th, UPenn says they got it on July 18th.

Problem: UPenn says they didnt recieve my LORs even though AADSAS has had them forever (sine May)

UPenn is saying sometimes AADSAS sends LORs later. This is pretty stupid, but ok.

So right now I have to talk to my school so they send the LORs to UPenn.

But before I do that, I'm gonna go ahead and check all the other schools.

Anyone else had ths happen?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Revelde

Revelde Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My app got mailed out on 24th and my LOR was not mailed out by that time..
    I checked the status on line today and it says that my LOR was mailed out on 28th. which means that the LOR got mailed out 4 days after my app had already been mailed out.

Check the evaluator session in status menu.. it should say the day your LOR is mailed out. if it s still blank. that means your LOR is not out yet.
    good luck!

4. dippedindettol

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yeah my evaluator status page says that they were all mailed out on the 17th of july. creighton says they dont have them either.

5. dippedindettol

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    ok, none of my schools (the ones willing to update me on status over the phone) have recieved my LORs from aadsas. f-u-c-k?

6. Revelde

Revelde Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thats scary... Why do we still have to worry about those mailing process and sh** if we already paid the giant amount of application fee and everything..

This is non sense. I think AADSAS should do its work at least worth what we paid..

anyways.. how did you check with schools? did you just call em?

7. PickMe

PickMe Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

last year i had all my letters sent directly to the schools because this is a common problem for aadsas. for those of you who havent sent in letters yet, dont mail them to aadsas!

8. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    All of my letters went with the package. However, I did call and ask about subsequent letters. Carl at AADSAS indicated that they either bundle the entire application with letters or they send letters arriving later in a bundle to each school. It is possible your LORs went with the bundle with only letters instead of with the application. This will likely mean that your LORs are sitting in a separate envelope in the admissions office waiting for someone to open and sort them. If I didn't know better, I would say that AADSAS just doesn't love pre-dental students.

9. dippedindettol

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

yeah i just called and checked with them. penn was the only school that bothered to let me know that they hadnt recieved the LORs.

10. dippedindettol

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    have any of you checked with the schools to see if your LORs have arrived with your application from aadsas? or was i the only one anal enough to do this