upenn panel interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prufrock0880

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview at upenn this week, and i'm looking for advice on how to handle the interview with you and multiple interviewers. i had one of these at harvard, and it was sort of awkward. none of the interviewers gave facial feedback. also, even though i had researched them beforehand, i felt awkward asking one researcher about their work, becuase it might leave the others out of the conversation. should i ask about their research if i'm genuinely interested? any tips for handeling these types of interviews at penn, or other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think upenn has panel interviewers. at least, not in my experience. however, if you do, try to figure out which one is most important, and talk to them, but make eye contact with everyone. :D

There were no panel interviews at Penn's MSTP interviews on 1/11.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, cool. i wasn't sure what they meant by "committee." thanks!

Yeah there's no panel interviews. Where are you getting "committee" from? Of course there's an admissions committee, but you only interview with one or two of those guys individually. If there's confusion on this topic I'll talk to the office and get the wording cleared up for next year.

In general Penn is a low stress interview. They're trying to sell you on the school. Enjoy yourself!