UPenn post bacc= high grade inflation????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FrenchToast

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I've been hearing about how ivy league schools inflate their student's stats in order to keep thier rank up. Is this true and do post bacc students benefit from this? Let me spin this another way, would you say the rigor of a postbac program such as the MA program at Midwestern would be as tough as UPenns?Thoughts..............
 
I've not heard the grade inflation but i didnt go to an ivy as a UGrad.

Post-bac grade inflation is class specific - I am at Penn, and 1/3 of one of my core classes got Cs of some form. Not really grade inflation.

Then again some classes most ppl get B+ or better

Its class specific.

And whether or not you should do an SMP or a Penn's SSP is very case specific and depends on your GPAs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope the OP realizes that he's comparing a DO SMP (graduate GPA) against that of UPenn's SSP which will affect UG gpa instead.