MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
93
0
35
Long Grove, IL
Status
I was just wondering if anyone who had received the Dean's Merit Scholarship would mind sharing their stats/history.

~Marisa
 

zidanereal2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2004
108
2
Status
MSZ said:
I was just wondering if anyone who had received the Dean's Merit Scholarship would mind sharing their stats/history.

~Marisa
I have pretty much the same stats as yours (I am majoring a chemical engineering and chemical sciences major) I haven't received the dean's scholarship because I have applied a little late.
Same students with lower stats have received the scholarship because they have been interviewed early.
 

jessUMD

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2004
115
0
37
Crofton, MD
Status
zidanereal2003 said:
I have pretty much the same stats as yours (I am majoring a chemical engineering and chemical sciences major) I haven't received the dean's scholarship because I have applied a little late.
Same students with lower stats have received the scholarship because they have been interviewed early.
i heard that all the scholarships were committed by the december 1 acceptance round. i also interviewed late and was told that there were no more scholarships. too bad. that would be the cementing factor for me to go there...
 
OP
MSZ

MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
93
0
35
Long Grove, IL
Status
Thanks for your comments. I plan on applying early so I will have to see. Thanks again.
 

gatorf150

UPENN class of 2009
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2004
49
0
36
Gainesville, FL
Visit site
Status
I had a 3.85 GPA and 22AA on the DAT. I sent AADSAS in June and their secondary stuff in July. They interviewed me on Nov 12 and the scholarship came with the acceptance in december. Hope it helps....
 

jaerob

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2004
232
0
Status
I was curious about this subject as well. Does anyone know which GPA measure they use (Overall or Science) as the deciding factor in who gets the scholarship?

And MSZ -- from the stories I have heard about people who got the Deans Merit Scholarship, I'm pretty certain you'll get it as long as you apply early as the other posters have mentioned =)

Thanks!
Jae
 

zidanereal2003

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2004
108
2
Status
jaerob said:
I was curious about this subject as well. Does anyone know which GPA measure they use (Overall or Science) as the deciding factor in who gets the scholarship?

And MSZ -- from the stories I have heard about people who got the Deans Merit Scholarship, I'm pretty certain you'll get it as long as you apply early as the other posters have mentioned =)

Thanks!
Jae
1-apply early
2- interview by December 1
3-Upenn usually look at your GPA.
 
OP
MSZ

MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
93
0
35
Long Grove, IL
Status
jaerob said:
I was curious about this subject as well. Does anyone know which GPA measure they use (Overall or Science) as the deciding factor in who gets the scholarship?

And MSZ -- from the stories I have heard about people who got the Deans Merit Scholarship, I'm pretty certain you'll get it as long as you apply early as the other posters have mentioned =)

Thanks!
Jae
Thanks gatorf150 for this information. I plan on applying early too, so I have my fingers crossed. If I got the scholarship to penn, that would definitely have a big impact on my decision.

And to Jaerob...thanks for the positive comments! Good luck to you too as well.

~Marisa