UPenn Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone who had received the Dean's Merit Scholarship would mind sharing their stats/history.

~Marisa

Members don't see this ad.

MSZ said:
I was just wondering if anyone who had received the Dean's Merit Scholarship would mind sharing their stats/history.

~Marisa

I have pretty much the same stats as yours (I am majoring a chemical engineering and chemical sciences major) I haven't received the dean's scholarship because I have applied a little late.
Same students with lower stats have received the scholarship because they have been interviewed early.

zidanereal2003 said:
I have pretty much the same stats as yours (I am majoring a chemical engineering and chemical sciences major) I haven't received the dean's scholarship because I have applied a little late.
Same students with lower stats have received the scholarship because they have been interviewed early.
i heard that all the scholarships were committed by the december 1 acceptance round. i also interviewed late and was told that there were no more scholarships. too bad. that would be the cementing factor for me to go there...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your comments. I plan on applying early so I will have to see. Thanks again.

I had a 3.85 GPA and 22AA on the DAT. I sent AADSAS in June and their secondary stuff in July. They interviewed me on Nov 12 and the scholarship came with the acceptance in december. Hope it helps....

I was curious about this subject as well. Does anyone know which GPA measure they use (Overall or Science) as the deciding factor in who gets the scholarship?

And MSZ -- from the stories I have heard about people who got the Deans Merit Scholarship, I'm pretty certain you'll get it as long as you apply early as the other posters have mentioned =)

Thanks!
Jae

jaerob said:
I was curious about this subject as well. Does anyone know which GPA measure they use (Overall or Science) as the deciding factor in who gets the scholarship?

And MSZ -- from the stories I have heard about people who got the Deans Merit Scholarship, I'm pretty certain you'll get it as long as you apply early as the other posters have mentioned =)

Thanks!
Jae

1-apply early
2- interview by December 1
3-Upenn usually look at your GPA.

jaerob said:

Thanks!
Jae
Thanks gatorf150 for this information. I plan on applying early too, so I have my fingers crossed. If I got the scholarship to penn, that would definitely have a big impact on my decision.

And to Jaerob...thanks for the positive comments! Good luck to you too as well.

~Marisa