UPenn Secondary Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS_11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I had a question regarding the secondary application for UPenn. The first question for the UPenn secondary is:

"Please list any additional predental experience not included in your AADSAS application. This experience can include but not limited to observation in a private practice, dental clinic, or hospital setting; dental assisting; dental laboratory work; dental research, etc. Please include time allotted to each activity, dates of attendance, location, and description of your experience. If you do not have any predental experience, please indicate what you plan to do in order to explore dentistry as a career prior to matriculation. Do not include, expand, or repeat information submitted on your AADSAS application in the Dentistry/Shadowing experience section"

I listed all my experiences in the AADSAS application and do not have any additional experiences to include for this question. Am I expected to leave the question blank? Would that be a flag? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I added something about an experience that ive been doing since middle school. On the main app u only indicated college experience but on their secondary I explained more in depth that I've been involved for a very long period of time

Members don't see this ad :)
I left it blank and it wasn't a problem.
If we don't have any pre dental experiences, wouldn't we be expected to answer the last portion of the question: "If you do not have any predental experience, please indicate what you plan to do in order to explore dentistry as a career prior to matriculation. Do not include, expand, or repeat information submitted on your AADSAS application in the Dentistry/Shadowing experience section"

Or is it still okay to leave this question blank? I too included all my experiences in the e-application.

If we don't have any pre dental experiences, wouldn't we be expected to answer the last portion of the question: "If you do not have any predental experience, please indicate what you plan to do in order to explore dentistry as a career prior to matriculation. Do not include, expand, or repeat information submitted on your AADSAS application in the Dentistry/Shadowing experience section"

Or is it still okay to leave this question blank? I too included all my experiences in the e-application.

If you didn't have any pre-dental experience whatsoever - like you had never shadowed - then they would expect you to answer that question. But if you had already listed all your relevant dentistry/shadowing experience on the AADSAS app, you don't have to write anything in that section, you can just leave it blank.

Reactions: 1 user
If you didn't have any pre-dental experience whatsoever - like you had never shadowed - then they would expect you to answer that question. But if you had already listed all your relevant dentistry/shadowing experience on the AADSAS app, you don't have to write anything in that section, you can just leave it blank.
What about future/upcoming dental volunteering & shadowing? I already have shadowing hours.

All I did was say that I planned to stay consistent with what was already listed on my AADSAS application. I also included what I plan to do after graduation because I will be graduating a semester early.

I think Feralis is correct. There is really no point in answering the question unless you have some new plans to add.

Reactions: 2 users