Upenn Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishbowl1117

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do they ask for SAT scores?
Do we need to retake SAT's!?
I thought the SAT would stop haunting me by now. @@

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't taken the SAT or ACT, like me, you don't have to include them. I asked and they said, "This is not essential information..."

Why do they ask for SAT scores?
Do we need to retake SAT's!?
I thought the SAT would stop haunting me by now. @@

Well, if you're aiming for Penn, I'm assuming you went to at least a top 40 school that would require a decent SAT score, anyway. I'm sure your SAT score is nothing to be ashamed about :).

As per the Dean of Admissions, they don't actually care about your SAT score. They use it for their own purposes, compiling statistics and whatnot. It is not in any way used to evaluate you.

I have an estimate of my scores, but I can't remember exactly what my scores were... should we put that down or leave it blank?

Well, if you're aiming for Penn, I'm assuming you went to at least a top 40 school that would require a decent SAT score, anyway. I'm sure your SAT score is nothing to be ashamed about :).

Why would you assume someone aiming for penn went to a top 40 school? I don't think they care that much about what school you went to as much as your gpa and dat score.

I have an estimate of my scores, but I can't remember exactly what my scores were... should we put that down or leave it blank?
Leave it blank, again as per Dr. Sheridan. She talked about this in one of those Kaplan video chat things.

Why would you assume someone aiming for penn went to a top 40 school? I don't think they care that much about what school you went to as much as your gpa and dat score.
yeah, you definitely don't need to come from a prestigious college to go to penn dental. We have students in my penn dental class from community colleges, state schools, international schools, and the like. With that in mind, there are still some from top 40 schools.

Question about the secondary: What do you put in the first question? It asks for anything that's not listed in AADSAS, but considering that aadsas gives you 10 slots for dental experience, how many people actually has more to add? Can I just reiterate some shadowing experiences?

In the first section I only explained my research a little better. That was it. I wouldn't get into anything else.

Question about the secondary: What do you put in the first question? It asks for anything that's not listed in AADSAS, but considering that aadsas gives you 10 slots for dental experience, how many people actually has more to add? Can I just reiterate some shadowing experiences?

I talked about what I did after I e-submitted and before I finished my penn supp. This was actually a few things for me.