UPenn supplemental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x0jessmariex3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how long were some of your responses to the Supplemental Questionaire for UPenn. Thinking back on it now I think I wrote too little. About 8-10 sentences for each question. Reach school anyways. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote 2-3 paragraphs for each prompt.

Reactions: 1 users
About a page, 2-3 paragraphs as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Some of mine were only a few sentences and I have an interview so I don't really think the length would be that big a deal, but don't worry, it's still early and you could very well be getting an invite from them at some point

I didn't write too long either, waiting to hear from them, but I think that the quality of the answers are the main thing (as oppsoed to writing a two page essay that tries to pull away from the question itself...). Don't forget that a short-to the point answer could work in your advantage. Admission officers have to read through A LOT of those, so if you have a good to the point answer they might appreciate the fact you made their life easier.

I didn't write too long either, waiting to hear from them, but I think that the quality of the answers are the main thing (as oppsoed to writing a two page essay that tries to pull away from the question itself...). Don't forget that a short-to the point answer could work in your advantage. Admission officers have to read through A LOT of those, so if you have a good to the point answer they might appreciate the fact you made their life easier.

Hmm never thought of it that way. You make valid points. I think my DAT is too low for UPenn anyways.

Mine were to the point, and I didn't get an interview. Of course, there are several factors that could be the result of this.

Hmm never thought of it that way. You make valid points. I think my DAT is too low for UPenn anyways.
I don't know your scores but, you never know... maybe they will find your answers refreshing, unique and would make them want to meet you and see if you could be a good fit...

Mine were to the point, and I didn't get an interview. Of course, there are several factors that could be the result of this.
I think each school's comitee is trying to determine if an applicant could be a good fit to school as a whole... sometimes giving an honest answer shows them that the applicant is not the right fit for the school. I think it's better to not get accepted to a school that you won't feel comfortable in rather than get in and suffer for 3/4 years....but those are only my two cents....
which school are you attending ?

I don't know your scores but, you never know... maybe they will find your answers refreshing, unique and would make them want to meet you and see if you could be a good fit...
20 AA 20 TS 17 RC 25 PAT

Although within 8-10 sentences it may be difficult to convey your thoughts thoroughly, focus on quality over quantity.

I think each school's comitee is trying to determine if an applicant could be a good fit to school as a whole... sometimes giving an honest answer shows them that the applicant is not the right fit for the school. I think it's better to not get accepted to a school that you won't feel comfortable in rather than get in and suffer for 3/4 years....but those are only my two cents....
which school are you attending ?

I had 22 DAT, low score in PAT.

I am attending Louisville, it was my #1 choice! Pittsburgh and Michigan also impressed me very much.

I had 22 DAT, low score in PAT.

I am attending Louisville, it was my #1 choice! Pittsburgh and Michigan also impressed me very much.
Nice ! so maybe my theory has something to it... you got accepted to your #1 pick by being honest.. maybe if you would of had longer made up answers on PENN you might have ended there, not your first choice ;)

I think my document was around 4 pages in total, with 1.5 spacing.