upenn supplemental question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalkid11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who applied to penn, how long were your answers to the supplemental questions? i feel like mine are really long.......theyre all around 1-1.5 pages, per question.
how in depth did you go ? especially for "WHY" penn. i dont know if i should save all my detailed answers for this question, for a potential interview, or if i should go the whole 9 yards in the supp

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah you might want to cut back a little bit. I can't remember what the supplemental instructions said exactly, but I remember it saying something about answering in a reasonable amount of space or something like that. I felt like some of the questions required more room but others only needed a little space. The most space I used was a little under 3/4ths of a page. Others were maybe 1/2 a page. Why penn was one of my longest...be concise. They have a ton of applicants to read through. I would be a little irritated if someone sent in a 5 page packet to read when they could have expressed the same message in 2 or 3. Just my thoughts...I kept it short and sweet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah you might want to cut back a little bit. I can't remember what the supplemental instructions said exactly, but I remember it saying something about answering in a reasonable amount of space or something like that. I felt like some of the questions required more room but others only needed a little space. The most space I used was a little under 3/4ths of a page. Others were maybe 1/2 a page. Why penn was one of my longest...be concise. They have a ton of applicants to read through. I would be a little irritated if someone sent in a 5 page packet to read when they could have expressed the same message in 2 or 3. Just my thoughts...I kept it short and sweet.

I just finished a 2 page essay. I listed all my activities so thats probably why it was that long. thats what she said.:laugh:

Mine was about 2 paragraphs for each question. I think a page for each question is too long. They got so much to read already.

Mine was one page total for all the questions, and I got an interview this cycle. So I kept it short and to the point.:thumbup:

mine was one page total for all the questions, and i got an interview this cycle. So i kept it short and to the point.:thumbup:

+1

All my answers combined were about 1.5 pages and I got an interiview 8/20 (not saying my supplement answers got me the interview) but that does seem a bit long. But then again, everyone is different and if you feel confident with your answers then you should submit them.

OMG! How are you guys able to write so little? I ended up with paaaages and tried really hard to cut down.. did u guys just not write too many details? For example, for the second question, I wrote about a few activities but talked a lot of detail about my interactions with different people in those activities.. was that too much?? Did u guys do 1.0 spacing? or 2? I did 1.5 lol

i got an interview too and my answers were all two to three paragraphs and pretty short. at MOST half a page. good luck! :)

A few paragraphs - half a page each, perhaps. [Accepted last year and attending now]