UPenn VS Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roger999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted to UPenn and Minnesota as OOS candidate for both schools. What are Pro's and Con's of each school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Please try the “Factors when picking a school” thread which can be found using the search function or in the main forum page in the stickied Compendium.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in this exact same boat! I really loved both schools -- students and faculty I met were so welcoming at both.

Minnesota is the cheaper option (under the assumption I'd be able to get IS tuition after the first year, which I've heard can be hit or miss...so if I don't end up being able to get it, then its just as expensive (if not more so) than Penn), but UPenn is much closer to my family and support system, which I think is extremely important due to how stressful vet school is going to be. I'm just not sure if that's a good enough reason to pick the more expensive option.

If any OOS students for both Penn and MN could share what factored into their decisions to pick their respective school, that would be really helpful! Especially if anyone has made this decision before (Penn vs MN), what you decided, and if you are happy with your decision?

Last edited: