UPenn Vs. Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxpredentxx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello everyone! first of all i would like to say congrats to everyone who has got in! wooohoo!! all our hard work has finally paid off! and for those of you waiting to hear back, dont worry, and stay positive!

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could chime in with any suggestions. I have been fortunate enough to receive acceptances from Nova and Upenn. I am a florida resident, but the tuition difference between nova and Upenn is 12,000 per year. I am having trouble deciding which school to put down a hefty deposit for. Im looking forward to reading your inpust. thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you get to pull teeth at Nova? Do you clean teeth at Nova? Do you see patients at Nova?

Good.

Now go to Nova and save 50k and 70-80 after interest

Members don't see this ad :)
hello everyone! first of all i would like to say congrats to everyone who has got in! wooohoo!! all our hard work has finally paid off! and for those of you waiting to hear back, dont worry, and stay positive!

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could chime in with any suggestions. I have been fortunate enough to receive acceptances from Nova and Upenn. I am a florida resident, but the tuition difference between nova and Upenn is 12,000 per year. I am having trouble deciding which school to put down a hefty deposit for. Im looking forward to reading your inpust. thank you so much!

That's a tough one. The fact that people say the school doesn't matter makes things very hard, but probably a little more interesting.

Nova would essentially be 50k cheaper, and it is in florida.You would become a dentist with 50k less in debt. You wouldn't have to endure the cold weather of philadelphia.

But... Penn is Ivy league and you know you're gona get a killer didactic and clinical education. My guess is that more doors will open up for you. Remember, even though patients usually don't care where you went to dental school, you'll still be applying for jobs or residencies once you graduate.

You'll be a dentist at both. I think if you are the ambitious type, which I assume you are if you got into Penn, Penn would be a safer bet for your future, but you might have to endure cold weather and a competitive atmosphere and pay 50k more. I would probably go to penn just because it would be a once in a lifetime chance to go to one of the best schools in the country. If you miss the florida weather, you can always spend winter break there, lol. But it's up to you. It 100% depends on what your priorities are.

I would go to Penn. I know it's not Ft Lauderdale, but University City in Philly is pretty nice. And the dental school is obviously one of the best in the country and far more established than Nova. I think it is worth the small bump up in price.