upenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megan11864

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey.. does anyone know anything about upenn's post-bac special science program? is it very difficult to get in and do sats really matter?

Members don't see this ad.

cHocoBo 118 said:
If you took your mcats, those alone are fine. As for the difficulty, I hear they're getting more and more selective but not nearly as much as gtown SMP. I love this program though... night classes rule. I'll PM you my stats if you want to compare.

hey, i too am interested in the upenn program, could you please PM your stats to me

i am interested too, could you as well pm your stats to me thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright guys, I could use more info about UPenn. Do they have a good reputation, or decent linkages? What's the acceptance rate like? What sorta grades am I looking at for acceptance?

I normally patrol the Veterinary posts (as I'm prevet) but I thought I'd poke around on here for something different. Unlike the other perspectives you may have of the Penn post-bacc, I'm not a giant fan of it. It is highly functional in terms of a forum to take relavent classes that will help you get to your goals. As was previously said, admissions didn't seem to be super competative - instead the blood bath ensues in the classes. That wasn't something I was accustomed to from undergrad and not something I find horribly necessary. The good thing about the night classes is that they afford plenty of time for working and volunteering. However, if you don't learn well via the "bolus" method - a week's worth in one night - Penn may not be the best fit for you. Just some food for thought...

PM me if you want to know more.

bravotwozero said:
Alright guys, I could use more info about UPenn. Do they have a good reputation, or decent linkages? What's the acceptance rate like? What sorta grades am I looking at for acceptance?

What about he special science program/smp? anyone doing that?

I'm in the prehealth part of Penn's program - and clearly we are having different experiences...

cHocoBo 118 said:
thats what im doing. the special science program... its not smp.