Upenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileawhile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do u ve any idea wen will upenn start calling for interview? nd wen is it held?

Members don't see this ad.

I think UPENN does have rolling admissions. Will probably call from Oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think UPENN does have rolling admissions. Will probably call from Oct.

hey, can anyone tell me that applying for UPENN without any work experience is worth or not, i have heard that they give much preference to work experience and not much to scores, plz suggest me guys

can someone pls tell me

for reapplicants reapplication statement should be in essay format or just have 2 state any changed scores n work experience?

Also do we have 2 send any personal statement or just answer the 6 questions only?

thanx

@hyd
Upenn mainly prefer students with MPH/MS/PHD or MDS...
any research exp or published things are also imp...

but, apply and try yr best...

Reactions: 1 user
do we need to sent statement of purpose to upenn university?

how many seats does Upenn have anyway?

Hey guys,

Any news from upenn?
Did anyone got an interview call??
plz update!

their website states that the interviews will be held in the month of september and october for 2009

There's another thread here, they've started sending interview packets.

Hi

How does UPENN inform the candidates about the application status? I mean through e-mails or posts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got something in the mail saying my application is complete. Nothing since then.

hello upenn people! just wanned to network with people who have sent in their applications to upenn and waiting for some kind of response :)

hello upenn people! just wanned to network with people who have sent in their applications to upenn and waiting for some kind of response :)

I sent my application 15 days back. Did not hear anything, not even application complete email.Did anybody hear back?

nope! i sent mine last week. thinking of sending them an inquiry email today

Hell
I sent my application 15 days back. Did not hear anything, not even application complete email.Did anybody hear back?
hello! Received application completion email today! They have mentioned that interviews will take place from sept- nov and some in last 2 weeks of June as well!

I'm excited!!!

Hell

hello! Received application completion email today! They have mentioned that interviews will take place from sept- nov and some in last 2 weeks of June as well!

I'm excited!!!

Did you email them. when did you send your application

Last edited:
My friend had a chat with one of the admission committee members and they told him that they are looking for people with solid work experience in US. Not some shadowing or volunteering as dental assistant.

My friend had a chat with one of the admission committee members and they told him that they are looking for people with solid work experience in US. Not some shadowing or volunteering as dental assistant.
yup ive heard that too.. they are taking in people with some kinda exception mph mha phd experience.

one of my senior got in and had nothing like that whatsoever. she never had part 2 either. and no masters or phd. just some volunteer work and 1 yr US exp. and multiple practices. I fail to understand what school wants. lets hope for the best.

one of my senior got in and had nothing like that whatsoever. she never had part 2 either. and no masters or phd. just some volunteer work and 1 yr US exp. and multiple practices. I fail to understand what school wants. lets hope for the best.
wow I hope thats the same this time too.. i dont know why schools put pressure on us to do mph phd before dental school.. it doesnt even make sense.. those are the kind of degrees u should do AFTER dental school if u really WANT to do them..

wow I hope thats the same this time too.. i dont know why schools put pressure on us to do mph phd before dental school.. it doesnt even make sense.. those are the kind of degrees u should do AFTER dental school if u really WANT to do them..
Haha i think they want us to obtain every single degree before getting dds. Lol

Guys did u get sm confirmatn email after submitting CAAPID?
I got it with in a week after submitting my suppelementals. call them up to ask. maybe the flow is very high so it may take a fw more days to send in the confirmation email. chk ur bank account if thye have cashed ur check.

Hi,

Did Upenn start sending interview calls?
Few interviews are conducted in June . Just wondering if anyone received one.

Hi. Could someone please help me with this. Penn says they require 3 letters of evaluation. But I've already sent my LORs electronically through CAAPID. Is it necessary to send them paper letters as well now ?

It is not necessary to send if you have already sent to CAAPID.

has anyone heard anything from penn yet? they said theyd be conducting some interviews in june.

so has everyone been receiving those brochure books from upenn? got one today about the school with a letter saying 'thanks for applying. please be patient during the process. feel free to ask any questions.'

? is the book sent to everyone who applies? (seems like an awful lot of money being spent by the school :S)

Hi everybody!
Did anybody have an interview experience in UPenn? What are the common questions? May be somebody can give any recommendations what to expect from the interview in UPenn?
Thanks and good luck!!!

Hi everybody!
Did anybody have an interview experience in UPenn? What are the common questions? May be somebody can give any recommendations what to expect from the interview in UPenn?
Thanks and good luck!!!

Hey did you get an invite?

Hello, Any inputs on the reapplicant statement ?. what are they looking for?

Hey guys after applying to school do we have to wait to hear from school reg secondary material? I applied tru caapid what's next?

Hey guys after applying to school do we have to wait to hear from school reg secondary material? I applied tru caapid what's next?
It is all mentioned on their website for UPENN, You can send supplemental now. Also check for other school requirements. They dont usually ask you, you have to send it on your own.

Does anyone know if it's too late to apply to upenn now ?

No, they hv started ivs already is what I know of, just trying to confirm for sure for my satisfaction. Anyone who got, plz inform us
yes, but only for the month of June, rest in November or so.