UPitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsjeff77

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about how many people UPitt interviews and accepts?
or rejects post-interview?

Jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I just had my interview last Monday, and it was the very FIRST round of interview.

According to the students & faculty, they TRY TO maintain their class size between 70~80, but it really depends on how many people want to come. Some class had almost 90 while some had less than 70.

I actually counted the number of interviewee that day, and it was around 33. There are only three more interviews until Dec 1st. By that time, they will be interviewing around 130. As all of us, the majority of people will get accepted, but not ALL of them will matriculate. They said after Dec, there will be few more interview sessions and that will be it for the year.

I've been to many interviews, and it seems what schools are trying to do is to attract more students, not nailing them down during the interview.
Enjoy your interview. It gets very tired when it passes 1pm, but stay focused. Enjoy talking with the interviewer.

HEY thanks.
I'm going on Monday...totally stoked !
Is the actual interview stressful at all??
Was Pitt as a city nice?
I can't wait to get there.
Did you like it? Will you most likely matriculate there?

Members don't see this ad :)
mwsung said:
Hi. I just had my interview last Monday, and it was the very FIRST round of interview.

According to the students & faculty, they TRY TO maintain their class size between 70~80, but it really depends on how many people want to come. Some class had almost 90 while some had less than 70.

I actually counted the number of interviewee that day, and it was around 33. There are only three more interviews until Dec 1st. By that time, they will be interviewing around 130. As all of us, the majority of people will get accepted, but not ALL of them will matriculate. They said after Dec, there will be few more interview sessions and that will be it for the year.

I've been to many interviews, and it seems what schools are trying to do is to attract more students, not nailing them down during the interview.
Enjoy your interview. It gets very tired when it passes 1pm, but stay focused. Enjoy talking with the interviewer.

Wow...you made my day mwsung. I feel like I actually have some hope into getting in somewhere (assuming I do well at my UPITT interview). My interview is on Dec. 13th! I can't wait. That's not too late considering it's right after the Dec. 1st mark. Do you think my chances will still be good?

ddsjeff77 said:
HEY thanks.
I'm going on Monday...totally stoked !
Is the actual interview stressful at all??
Was Pitt as a city nice?
I can't wait to get there.
Did you like it? Will you most likely matriculate there?

Hey im going to the monday interview as well. more then likely, im going to be the only black guy there so if u see me say wasssup to me, it would be cool to meet some people from here. anyway, hope to see u here, i go to undergrad here so, i can say that the site is really nice and the students are the school are really cool. i know like half of the students from every class. Anyway, hope to see you there again, btw my name is walt. so dont be afraid to say hi. :luck:

I think Pitts is a great city. It is small compared to other MAJOR US cities (btw, I am Canadian), but it has everything other cities have. At least, that's how I perceived, and what the taxi driver was telling me.

The school is awesome. Great architecture, great facility (check out their GYM!!! the student service building (this is where you will have your brunch) is one big SHOPPING MALL. Think about it. You are taking an escalator to the second floor. man, if I get accepted, I am going to Pitts. I think my chance is pretty GOOD. I mean DAMN Good.

Interview itself IS NOT very stressful AT ALL. It's gonna be like the usual 20 min talk. If you have interviewed else where, you know what it's gonna be like. As everyone says, just be yourself. Don't lie. But be prepared to answer typical questions like "why Pitts?" "why dentistry?"
Show that you care "People BEFORE Profit", just like one of those TV Ads (have you guys seen it?? the rose thingy)

I am not an admission person, so I can't tell what your chance is, Nismoboy.
But, you know, if they want to interview you, it means they are INTERESTED in you. I don't think schools want to waste their time & money as well as yours. As long as you can "talk" and "socialize", expect GOOD NEWS (this is what everyone's waiting for) on Dec 1st. I don't see why not.

Princewalta, tell people more about Pitts.. You are the Pitts-man! Boast about it.

mwsung, i applied to pittsburg too (and i'm canadian)...but i haven't heard anything from them :eek:

anyways, how have you been able to go to all your interviews if u're in canada?!? u must be loaded & don't mind missing class (if u're still in school). :laugh:

do u mind tellimg me where u're doing your undergrad?

fruity_trident said:
mwsung, i applied to pittsburg too (and i'm canadian)...but i haven't heard anything from them :eek:

anyways, how have you been able to go to all your interviews if u're in canada?!? u must be loaded & don't mind missing class (if u're still in school). :laugh:

do u mind tellimg me where u're doing your undergrad?

First of all, I am NOT loaded, and yes I am still in undergrad at Simon Fraser University in BC. I've been missing many classes, but my school has this digital audio lecture system that all lectures are recorded and wav or mp3 files are posted online. You don't really HAVE TO go to school. Also, all lecture materials are online too so... Good for me.

flights are so expensive, so I go all the way down to Seattle int.airport. From there, I go to my destinations. It's cheaper this way. And, I use Motel 6 (US$30.00 / night). Airline:America West

I applied early June, just heard from them 2 weeks before the interview.
Why don't you call them and find out? The admissions director, Rose Mangold is a nice lady. Giver her a call sometime and find out your status.

It seems like yesterday I was on this forum asking the very same questions. Now I'm a 2nd year watching all the bright eyed and bushy tailed interviewees and all the clueless 1st years struggle with their courses. If anyone has any questions about the city, the school, or just D school in general I'd be happy to answer...

Go Panthers!

PantherPaws said:
It seems like yesterday I was on this forum asking the very same questions. Now I'm a 2nd year watching all the bright eyed and bushy tailed interviewees and all the clueless 1st years struggle with their courses. If anyone has any questions about the city, the school, or just D school in general I'd be happy to answer...

Go Panthers!

hey wuzzup bro?

mwsung said:
I actually counted the number of interviewee that day, and it was around 33. There are only three more interviews until Dec 1st. By that time, they will be interviewing around 130.

By 130 do you mean they will have interviewed total of 130 applicants by then?

I haven?t been interviewed at Pitt yet, but already had bad experience with their admissions department. According to AADSAS the invitation letter has been mailed in on 10/28/04 and today is 11/11/04... well.... no letter yet. I called their office a week earlier and was told they don't answer anything over the phone, email only. I sent them email, received a response asking for the date I want to be interviewed. Then I got another email stating that my date is not available and all they can do is November 13th. Then I asked about time and the place since I still didn't get the invitation on paper. No one replied me back since then.
I finally got the phone number of that person after searching their web site for hours.... and guess what...... that person (won't call any names) says I am very rude and impatient. I still didn?t get any answer over the phone. :mad:

Same thing has happened to me DDS2BE. I received an interview invite from infosource on 10/21 and I still haven't received anything in the mail. I called the admissions office and left a message. Still haven't heard back! What is the world is going on over there? What should I do? What is the email address that you wrote to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Johnson22 said:
Same thing has happened to me DDS2BE. I received an interview invite from infosource on 10/21 and I still haven't received anything in the mail. I called the admissions office and left a message. Still haven't heard back! What is the world is going on over there? What should I do? What is the email address that you wrote to?

[email protected]

Rose Mangold is the one you should contact IF you have concerns.

Why would anyone want to go to a school that is called "U Pitt"??

~ A silly friend of mine

mwsung said:
Rose Mangold is the one you should contact IF you have concerns.

I did! She didn't answer any of my questions sating that she gets lots of people calling and don't have time to answer their questions :eek:

I'm in second year at the moment, and am all too familiar with the admissions process. I'm Canadian as well, so feel free to ask me anything regarding the transition.

good luck,

Hot-n-Aml

Hot-n-Aml said:
I'm in second year at the moment, and am all too familiar with the admissions process. I'm Canadian as well, so feel free to ask me anything regarding the transition.

good luck,

Hot-n-Aml

So here is my question, i interviewed nov 8, so what are my chances of getting in, in another words does everybody who gets interview before Dec 1 get in?

hey walt its jeff from NOV 8th.

Keep in touch

princewalta said:
So here is my question, i interviewed nov 8, so what are my chances of getting in, in another words does everybody who gets interview before Dec 1 get in?

I interviewed in the first round, and many people in my class also interviewed with me or before Dec 1st. So I would say your chances are better of getting in. But of course, there are people who applied in February and got in, so it all depends. But yes, I think the chances of getting in are better.

Hot-n-Aml

DDS2BE said:
I did! She didn't answer any of my questions sating that she gets lots of people calling and don't have time to answer their questions :eek:

IS THAT TRUE????

wut the.................................. #$%^....

so bad!! I didn't realize they are SO irresponsible~~!!!!

mwsung said:
IS THAT TRUE????

wut the.................................. #$%^....

so bad!! I didn't realize they are SO irresponsible~~!!!!

Yep.... or well, at least I already had 5 interviews for the past 3 months :)

Does anyone know any other contact person that I can get some information from?

DDS2BE said:
Does anyone know any other contact person that I can get some information from?

Rose is the main contact person. And if you do call anyone else, you'll most likely be transfered to her. She's super nice, and so much help. It's just that they are so busy during this time of year, that sending an e-mail is probably your best bet.

Good Luck!

Hot-n-Aml

hey hotnaml
Do you know anyone in the Army Dental Corp?
Im thinking (if i get in) that this would be a good idea.

yea i was also thinking about doing the air force. I want to here some feed back on what its really like, and if im doing the right thing about thinking about that. :luck:

This is a question for those that got an interview at Pitt, when did you submit your application?

Thanks so much :)

ddsjeff77 said:
hey hotnaml
Do you know anyone in the Army Dental Corp?
Im thinking (if i get in) that this would be a good idea.

Three of my closest friends in class have 4 year army scholarships. I'll ask for their contact info and I'll PM them to you.

Hot-n-Aml

I sent my AADSAS application May 26th and got an interview invite for November 8th.

ddsjeff77 said:
May 17,
Aadsas 200500027

july 5

I sent mine out july 5, i thought i was early, i guess not, man jeff, uve made me look like a slacker. :luck:

:)
Well, hopefully we will get the same email on Dec. 1.