Upload LORs now w/o committee letter vs. later together w/ committee letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SirAlexrod

Reaction score
Hello!

Transmission day is today. I received my MCAT score 3 days ago. All I am missing at this point is to have my letters uploaded. I have my letter packet ready to go. I am scheduled for a committee interview on August 3rd. I have heard conflicting reports about whether I should assign the letter packet to my schools now or later when I know whether or not I will get the committee letter. On the one hand, if I send my letter packet now, should I make a slot for committee letter and assign it to schools? Or should I upload the letter packet without a slot for committee letter? In which case, would schools think that my application is complete and assume I didn't get a committee letter? Will it affect me much if I just wait until after August 3rd to upload all the letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting for the committee letter will be fine. Your file won’t be complete until schools have either your LORs or committee letter. If you opt to send just the letters schools may mark your file complete prematurely. It may not be updated when the committee letter is ready. Being complete on August 3rd is great and you’ll be in good shape.

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting for the committee letter will be fine. Your file won’t be complete until schools have either your LORs or committee letter. If you opt to send just the letters schools may mark your file complete prematurely. It may not be updated when the committee letter is ready. Being complete on August 3rd is great and you’ll be in good shape.
Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is your letter packet separate from the committee letter?
Apparently my university uploads a letter packet and then you have to create another request for the committee letter.