Uploading ADA sample BIO question with wrong answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I know this question was posted before and seems like everybody agrees it has wrong answer, so did I.

However, suddenly I got different idea for this question, so what do you think guys

Q. The fusion of male and female pronuclei characterizes the final step of
a) ovulation
b) sperm meiosis
c) gametogenesis
d) egg maturation
e) fertilization

Correct answer on ADA is a) ovulation. I thought it has a wrong answer and supposed to be e) fertilization but now I think it is correct answer since if fertilization occurs will meiosis II ever be completed. Entry of the sperm restarts the cell cycle and the question used the word pro nuclei. What do you think guys?

Members don't see this ad.

from what i know the sperm entry into the egg will cause it to complete meiosis II. when 2 pro nuclei fuse this is fertilization, and has absolutely nothing to do with ovulation. ovulation is just the rupture of the egg from the ovary and into the ovarian tubes. i still think it is wrong answer.

I know this question was posted before and seems like everybody agrees it has wrong answer, so did I.

However, suddenly I got different idea for this question, so what do you think guys

Q. The fusion of male and female pronuclei characterizes the final step of
a) ovulation
b) sperm meiosis
c) gametogenesis
d) egg maturation
e) fertilization

Correct answer on ADA is a) ovulation. I thought it has a wrong answer and supposed to be e) fertilization but now I think it is correct answer since if fertilization occurs will meiosis II ever be completed. Entry of the sperm restarts the cell cycle and the question used the word pro nuclei. What do you think guys?

:eek: OMG. You can't be serious.