Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure if there's some kind of filter, but I've sporadically run into this issue the past several years when trying to upload/attach an image for sharing in a post. I usually use JPG but rarely PNG. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
For example, if I'm sharing 5 pictures of a beach sunset or something benign, maybe 1 or 2 will 100% fail and lead to a black image. This image shows up in the thumbnail list below but isn't usable and you can't attach it. Re-trying the image doesn't work either. And if SDN uses some kind of NSFW filter that scans images for possible inappropriate content, I can't see anything that would lead to that false positive.
I wish I had more information to help with troubleshooting. I've ruled out any networking issues, since for example if I upload say 2-3 images and 1 is problematic, it's always that 1 image in particular. So it almost feels like there's some kind of filter that rejects it?
Edited to add: It just failed on two JPG images I saved from the "Snipping Tool" built into Windows. I used Paint to convert the images to GIF and they upload to SDN just fine. So maybe the forums don't like something about screenshots saved from the Snipping Tool, or something with certain JPG formats. Still troubleshooting... will update if I can narrow it down when I have time.
For example, if I'm sharing 5 pictures of a beach sunset or something benign, maybe 1 or 2 will 100% fail and lead to a black image. This image shows up in the thumbnail list below but isn't usable and you can't attach it. Re-trying the image doesn't work either. And if SDN uses some kind of NSFW filter that scans images for possible inappropriate content, I can't see anything that would lead to that false positive.
I wish I had more information to help with troubleshooting. I've ruled out any networking issues, since for example if I upload say 2-3 images and 1 is problematic, it's always that 1 image in particular. So it almost feels like there's some kind of filter that rejects it?
Edited to add: It just failed on two JPG images I saved from the "Snipping Tool" built into Windows. I used Paint to convert the images to GIF and they upload to SDN just fine. So maybe the forums don't like something about screenshots saved from the Snipping Tool, or something with certain JPG formats. Still troubleshooting... will update if I can narrow it down when I have time.
Last edited: