Uploading photo through ECFMG on MyERAS

Started by imthere
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

imthere

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering how long it takes for a photo to get approved after uploading on Oasis. I know it says 1 to 2 days online, its been 1 and a half days since I took the photo and just want to make sure everything is ready for tomorrow.

Also I was thinking about taking a new photo but don't want to restart the approval process, am I correct to assume that's how this works?
 
I took mine on Monday and got uploaded this morning, so your picture should be up by later tonight. A new photo will take a day or two to process again.
 
Should I apply to programs now or wait for the photo to be uploaded before I begin applying?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I apply to programs now or wait for the photo to be uploaded before I begin applying?

I know ERAS opens tomorrow, but questions like this are very frustrating. Why would it matter if you waited to apply - it can only hurt by waiting if you application is otherwise complete, and your ERAS is continuously updated as things come in (i.e. with MSPE in October) so the same is true with the picture.

Oy!