UPMC v. Monte

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shazam243

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time ranking one over the other. As there're limited comments in the "impressions" threads, pros and cons of either program would be highly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewees/residents/faculty members--all opinions welcome! Rank list due soon!

Well, do you want to be in Pittsburgh or the Bronx? If you like Pittsburgh, go to Pitt. If you like the Bronx, go to Montefiore.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also having a hard time choosing b/w the two. I also just saw on the NRMP data that monte didn't fill all of their spots last year... anyone know why?

Can't say I've ever met a neurologist who trained at Montefiore, but the few I know from Pitt were well trained. Outstanding stroke program at UPMC - see recent DAWN trial.

Actually I did go back to Monte for second look. But it didn’t really do much for me. It’s kind of like I already like both programs so much so there’s not really much more to add during a second look. And UPMC is too far for second look. I appreciate the suggestion though.

UPMC, especially if you're interested at all in vascular.