UPMC vs UChicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyperemesis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which would you rank higher?

Members don't see this ad.

Which would you rank higher?

To whom are you directing the question? To the hundreds of anonymous board lurkers, virtually none of whom have ever been to either Pittsburgh or Chicago, much less set foot in either hospital or department, having zero knowledge of any of the particulars of either program, and none of whom have the least bit of insight into your circumstances, priorities, and professional goals? Is that whom you seek to guide you?

Not trying to be a dick, but it's unlikely that answers to such a question will help you in any meaningful way with what is, ultimately, a lonely decision that will likely be based on emotions and gut reactions, moreso than any facts the departments can give you or prattle you'll find on an anonymous message board.

Search your soul. Use the Force, if necessary.

to whom are you directing the question? To the hundreds of anonymous board lurkers, virtually none of whom have ever been to either pittsburgh or chicago, much less set foot in either hospital or department, having zero knowledge of any of the particulars of either program, and none of whom have the least bit of insight into your circumstances, priorities, and professional goals? Is that whom you seek to guide you?

Not trying to be a dick, but it's unlikely that answers to such a question will help you in any meaningful way with what is, ultimately, a lonely decision that will likely be based on emotions and gut reactions, moreso than any facts the departments can give you or prattle you'll find on an anonymous message board.

Search your soul. Use the force, if necessary.

+1

Members don't see this ad :)
So when I was working out my rank list earlier this month I found my best resources to be the residents at the programs I was interested in. Email a couple at each place and see what they have to say. It made my decision much easier.

Both are really strong and reputable programs. This is one that really should come down to location preference and of course gut feeling during your visit to each place. I personally would go with UPMC because I would rather live in Pittsburgh than Chicago and because it's closer to family. But that is just me