Upper level courses VS. Recommended courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
in my Univ. u need 48 hrs of upper level courses to graduate, well i only have 20 so far and i'm a Junior

I want to take Nutrition, Sociology, Anatomy but they are only offered online - is that okay ?

And the thing is all those classes mentioned (Nutrition, Sociology, Anatomy) are NOT upper level courses

i dont want to take BS courses like Issues in music, Prof. writing just to fulfill the 48hrs. upper level requirement, when i can take recommended courses for dental school that actually benefit me

Members don't see this ad.

I asked my couseler if the distance courses would be indicated on my transcript. For the one I was taking it was NOT; therefore, when somone looks over my classes they wouldn't know if it was distance or not - somthing to look into.

I dont really know much about distance vs non distance in the eyes of dental schools.

Take some upper level biology courses. Those classes sound good for a start, but doing upper level sciences will look a lot better than BS classes, like you mentioned. Just find something that interests you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take some upper level biology courses. Those classes sound good for a start, but doing upper level sciences will look a lot better than BS classes, like you mentioned. Just find something that interests you.
thats the thing: Cell bio, Genetics, Microbio, Biochem are all upper level and i took em all already
the only ones left r the nutrition, anatomy, sociology ones but they r not upper level

So Dental schools dont care if u class is taken online or not right ? for the non-prereqs courses, can i take em all online ?

thats the thing: Cell bio, Genetics, Microbio, Biochem are all upper level and i took em all already
the only ones left r the nutrition, anatomy, sociology ones but they r not upper level

So Dental schools dont care if u class is taken online or not right ? for the non-prereqs courses, can i take em all online ?

I'm not sure if they really have a preference. I know there is an option when you put your classes into AADSAS for online, so they will know, but I'm not sure if that plays a role into your chances.

I'm not sure if they really have a preference. I know there is an option when you put your classes into AADSAS for online, so they will know, but I'm not sure if that plays a role into your chances.

I have 6 online courses and 5 interview invites. No questions asked at interviews. However, if they were to ask me about it, I would say that I'm always busy. Always interning/shadowing/studying/working and staying on the grind. Online looks good. I don't know why people are worried about it being distance.

I have 6 online courses and 5 interview invites. No questions asked at interviews. However, if they were to ask me about it, I would say that I'm always busy. Always interning/shadowing/studying/working and staying on the grind. Online looks good. I don't know why people are worried about it being distance.

So far i took a ton of online courses but those r just for Gen-Ed,

i think i'm going to take nutrition , anatomy online

So far i took a ton of online courses but those r just for Gen-Ed,

i think i'm going to take nutrition , anatomy online

Sounds good. Yeah, I took one class online and it was really nice to not have to go to class.