1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

UPR Ciencias Medicas, Ponce

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Whats_up_doc, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Whats_up_doc

Whats_up_doc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello:

I would like to know what do you think are my chances on getting to UPR ciencias Medicas or Ponce. My MCAT was 22 N (5V,8P,9B) and my GPA is at 3.5 for science and 3.75 for General. I have done research for a year and have been in a couple of extracurricular activities. How important is research to the Admission Committee? Do they accept students on a rolling admissions basis? Do you have any other pointers that I should keep in mind when applying. I would appreciate them.Thanks for your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. boricua_doc

5+ Year Member

Medical Student

Your chances are pretty high at any of Puerto Rico's schools; however, if you are thinking in applying to schools in the U.S. too, I would recommend to take the MCAT again. Rergading to EC's, they are very important when considering students that have similar GPA's and MCAT scores and can make a difference in who gets a seat and who doesn't for the incoming class. Ponce and UCC are rolling admissions basis; in the other hand, UPR is not. My advice is to apply early.

Take care.