UPR Ciencias Medicas, Ponce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whats_up_doc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello:

I would like to know what do you think are my chances on getting to UPR ciencias Medicas or Ponce. My MCAT was 22 N (5V,8P,9B) and my GPA is at 3.5 for science and 3.75 for General. I have done research for a year and have been in a couple of extracurricular activities. How important is research to the Admission Committee? Do they accept students on a rolling admissions basis? Do you have any other pointers that I should keep in mind when applying. I would appreciate them.Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Whats_up_doc said:
Hello:

I would like to know what do you think are my chances on getting to UPR ciencias Medicas or Ponce. My MCAT was 22 N (5V,8P,9B) and my GPA is at 3.5 for science and 3.75 for General. I have done research for a year and have been in a couple of extracurricular activities. How important is research to the Admission Committee? Do they accept students on a rolling admissions basis? Do you have any other pointers that I should keep in mind when applying. I would appreciate them.Thanks for your help.

Your chances are pretty high at any of Puerto Rico's schools; however, if you are thinking in applying to schools in the U.S. too, I would recommend to take the MCAT again. Rergading to EC's, they are very important when considering students that have similar GPA's and MCAT scores and can make a difference in who gets a seat and who doesn't for the incoming class. Ponce and UCC are rolling admissions basis; in the other hand, UPR is not. My advice is to apply early.

Take care.