UPR Rcm , Nova PR Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bareitashvilli

Pharmacy Student
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here applying to start in 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!! I'm applying for 2018 to Nova
Good I'm feeling nervous, I have even had dreams (kind of nightmares). Started the thread to get some support going for everyone. Waiting on two evaluators to finish their evaluation

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I,m also applying this year, but only to RCM. Are both of you from the island?

Yess I'm from the island and applying to Nova, have any of you taken the PCAT??

Last edited:
It's a very basic science test in my opinion. Which books did you use?
I'm using Kaplan for Bio & Reading and Dr Collins for Chem & Math. Also bought the pearson practice test/ Do you think it's enough?

I'm using Kaplan for Bio & Reading and Dr Collins for Chem & Math. Also bought the pearson practice test/ Do you think it's enough?
It’s more than enough. I used the same materials and got an excellent score. Use the pearson tests to develop your own strategy.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I only had a month of studying so I don't know if I had enough time, also my math is not the best. Let's see how it goes.

Hi, I am applying to Nova and RCM to start in 2018?

I know that RCM has already started calling people for the interview process, but do you know if Nova has started calling people for interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)

I know that RCM has already started calling people for the interview process, but do you know if Nova has started calling people for interviews?
I really don't know exactly if they have started calling people, I do know because I asked them a few days ago that when they start interviewing and mostly they start on feb or march I think.

They only called me from Florida to tell me that my app is ready to be reviewed, still missing one ingredient though

They only called me from Florida to tell me that my app is ready to be reviewed, still missing one ingredient though
I wish mine was already reviewed, have one ingredient missing too. A transcript that I requested TWICE and hasn't arrived yet to PHARMCAS :(

I wish mine was already reviewed, have one ingredient missing too. A transcript that I requested TWICE and hasn't arrived yet to PHARMCAS :(
Are you from Rio Piedras? I've heard that many students from there have the same problem; I don't know why.

The weird part is I requested Puerto Rico I don't want to be in Florida. Still waiting on that damn recommendation letter though

Does the school have a deadline for that?
The deadline for application submission is February 1. I submitted mine already and it is verified.
I think that even if it is a few days late the letter will be forwarded.
However right now my application is just sitting there

Hey guys! I applied to RCM only, interviewed last Monday. A friend of mine was called for an interview at NOVA PR (I think for next Tuesday). Good Luck!

Hey guys! I applied to RCM only, interviewed last Monday. A friend of mine was called for an interview at NOVA PR (I think for next Tuesday). Good Luck!
If you don't mind me asking I visualize the interview as a table with 4-5 people asking you questions am I close?

If you don't mind me asking I visualize the interview as a table with 4-5 people asking you questions am I close?

It was 3 professors in front of me in a classroom (they were really engaging, really interested with where the profession and healthcare in PR is going, and they showed substantial interest with the interviewing student). I think this isn't their standard/usual place for interviews. About three years ago another friend got interviewed at RCM. It was like 4-5 professors in a meeting room and, if my memory serves me well, she went in with another interviewing student. But on that day, they got significantly delayed, so I guess they needed to pick it up by doing double.

It was 3 professors in front of me in a classroom (they were really engaging, really interested with where the profession and healthcare in PR is going, and they showed substantial interest with the interviewing student). I think this isn't their standard/usual place for interviews. About three years ago another friend got interviewed at RCM. It was like 4-5 professors in a meeting room and, if my memory serves me well, she went in with another interviewing student. But on that day, they got significantly delayed, so I guess they needed to pick it up by doing double.

I see well at least they sound nice. Thanks

That's right, I also have a friend with an interview on Tuesday. I was interviewed on January 10 and received the acceptance call on January 19. Until today, I have not received the official letter. I will talk to my friend to find out how she did and I will provide information for those who will interview later.

That's right, I also have a friend with an interview on Tuesday. I was interviewed on January 10 and received the acceptance call on January 19. Until today, I have not received the official letter. I will talk to my friend to find out how she did and I will provide information for those who will interview later.
Well I got my last recommendation sent now I can change my profile picture

So I received a called from Nova on friday and for an interview on Tuesday. First, there was a meeting schedule with a coordinator that reviewed my application to see if there was anything missing or if I needed to explain some issue about a classes or transcript etc. Later, the interview was with 2 professors at the same time, they were really nice and went smooth like a conversation. During the interview they just wanna get to know you and wouldn't ask about any academic releated issues. Some of the questions where:
1. why do you wanna study pharmacy?
2. Did you have any significant leadership role?
3. Have you applied to any other schools?
4. Have you taken care of someone who was sick?
5. Remember to also make them questions, it shows your interested.
6. And take your Portfolio.

So I received a called from Nova on friday and for an interview on Tuesday. First, there was a meeting schedule with a coordinator that reviewed my application to see if there was anything missing or if I needed to explain some issue about a classes or transcript etc. Later, the interview was with 2 professors at the same time, they were really nice and went smooth like a conversation. During the interview they just wanna get to know you and wouldn't ask about any academic releated issues. Some of the questions where:

Thanks.
I don't know what to bring in that portfolio.
I know I will bring a microbiology portfolio we made. My resume which will include,
the 1006 hours I interned at Walgreens (don't know whether I should bring this)
My word document file I made with drugs and what they do.

Don't know what else I should bring.
I haven't even gotten a call yet and I am thinking about this stuff.
It's been 3 days since my last evaluator sent his letter and I've been celebrating like I just won the championships.
In my head I know there is a possibility I won't be called so that keeps me realistic. I know there is always a new step to go through. I just get excited at what new things they would teach me at pharmacy school That would transform me into the badass pharmacists I see answering questions.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I don't know what to bring in that portfolio.
I know I will bring a microbiology portfolio we made. My resume which will include,
the 1006 hours I interned at Walgreens (don't know whether I should bring this)
My word document file I made with drugs and what they do.

Don't know what else I should bring.
I haven't even gotten a call yet and I am thinking about this stuff.
It's been 3 days since my last evaluator sent his letter and I've been celebrating like I just won the championships.
In my head I know there is a possibility I won't be called so that keeps me realistic. I know there is always a new step to go through. I just get excited at what new things they would teach me at pharmacy school That would transform me into the badass pharmacists I see answering questions.
This is what I've included: Cover Letter, Autobiography, Curriculum Vitae, Transcripts, Diplomas, Awards and Certificates, Research, Extracurricular Activities, Membership Societies, Personal Statement

Your 1006 hours as interned at Walgreens would look really good. I do not know much if the document file with drugs will work.

This is what I've included: Cover Letter, Autobiography, Curriculum Vitae, Transcripts, Diplomas, Awards and Certificates, Research, Extracurricular Activities, Membership Societies, Personal Statement

Your 1006 hours as interned at Walgreens would look really good. I do not know much if the document file with drugs will work.
I see thank you I will do the same thanks

How long did it take for them to call you for an interview??

How long did it take for them to call you for an interview??
My PharmCAS application was available for the universities on January 5, I've received a called from NOVA for an interview on January 28. My interview was on the 30 and I received my acceptance letter on February 14. You can call the main campus in Fort Lauderdale to verify if your application has been verified and what is the status.

Last edited:
My PharmCAS application was available for the universities on January 5, I've received a called from NOVA for an interview on January 28. My interview was on the 30 and I received my acceptance letter on February 14. You can call the main campus in Fort Lauderdale to verify if your application has been verified and what is the status.
Thanks, mine was available for schools on Feb 19. I called NOVA in Ft. Laurerdale and they told me it takes 4-6 weeks or until all the seats are filled. Fingers crossed I get an interview, I'm terrified :(

Saludos!! Para los que fueron admitidos al RCM quisiera saber si en el portal les indica si fueron aceptados. También quisiera saber si han llamado alguno para aceptación luego de que hayan pasado más de tres semanas desde la entrevista. Muchas gracias. Congratulations to all of you getting accepted.

Hey, would any of you mind sharing your stats? I would really appreciate it :). I am planning to appIy this year, but I would like to see the stats of the people being interviewed/accepted. Just to get a general idea.

Hi!! Alguien sabe si el grupo del RCM ya está completo. Please, alguien que me deje saber, estoy desesperado. Gracias

Hi!! Alguien sabe si el grupo del RCM ya está completo. Please, alguien que me deje saber, estoy desesperado. Gracias
Estoy casi seguro que la clase esta completa. Ya hay 35 en el grupo de facebook y he conocido a gente que todavia no se ha anadido, asi que minimo tienen que haber mas de 40. Saludos

Hey, would any of you mind sharing your stats? I would really appreciate it :). I am planning to appIy this year, but I would like to see the stats of the people being interviewed/accepted. Just to get a general idea.
PCAT >90 percentile, >3.50 GPA

Reactions: 1 users
KAPLAN, and Dr. Collins, but I didn't pay for them, I used an old electronic version found on the net. The only thing that I paid for was the practice tests. For math, I used the DVDMathTutor videos because I didn't have calculus at the time, so I learn most of the topics by myself and using those videos.

Last edited: