Upstate revisit day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elizabeth1028

busy busy bee
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got something from SUNY Upstate today about their second visit days. Only thing is, I haven't heard back from them since my interview. My interview was 4 weeks ago today, so I was expecting to hear something from them this week, since they said it should be about 4 weeks.

The thing is, now I'm really confused. I know Upstate calls people to tell them that they've been accepted. I never got a phone call (and I have voicemail and caller ID so I'm sure no one called). I called the admissions office and they said a letter had already been sent to me and they wouldn't tell me anything else over the phone. So now I have a feeling that I've been waitlisted. But I'm still really confused. It doesn't seem very fair of them to get my hopes up by sending me info about the 2nd look weekend before sending me my decision.

So my question is, does anyone know anything Upstate's second visit days? Are only accepted students invited or are waitlistees invited also? Has anyone been accepted to Upstate without getting a phone call? Any info would be helpful - I'm very conflustered right now. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I've been accepted to Upstate but haven't gotten anything about a 2nd look. Where do you live?

Washington, DC - I just got the invite today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been accepted also and haven't gotten a letter about a second look. I emailed the dean and she said that I should have received something in the mail. Maybe somebody stuffed the wrong envelopes.

That is kinda wierd. I don't see why they would send a 2nd look letter if you wern't excepted, but it is wierd that they won't tell you over the phone. Maybe they just have a policy of not discussing anything like that over the phone, and you are accepted. Well, I hope you are, but I really have no idea what the hell I am talking about. Good luck.

I'm on the High Priority Alternate list and just received the second day visit postcard. I'm pretty sure that all acceptances are done by phone. So if they said it was in the mail you are either on the HPA or the regular waitlist. I'd assume your on the HPA since I couldn't imagine they would invite everyone on the regular waitlist for the Second day also. That would be like inviting everyone who interviewed back.

would anyone mind sharing the details of the second visit days...i'm on the HPL and hoping to be invited.....thanks

Jeff

've received a fold out postcard. It was very general in content. There are two second day visits scheduled. One at the Binghamton clinical campus on April 23rd and the other at Syracuse on May 7th. The card states that additional information and schedules will be sent out within the next couple of weeks.

It does require you to RSVP and select which day you would like to attend. So I guess they're fishing to see if people are really interested in attending Upstate. I personally think Upstate has a well oiled admissions process and this was just another example of how well refined their process is.

I was accepted without receiving a phone call. In fact I called the office and they verified my address, phone # and later that week I got my acceptance letter. G'Luck!

i too was invited to 2nd look, however, I am only on the HPA-list. do you think it would help my chances to attend the 2nd look? i would love to go, but i would have to miss SLOPE DAY here at cornell-- (medschool admission vs. slope day) --> im leaning towards drinking on the slope allday.