Step I UptoDate for step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SeahawksFan

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many of you use Uptodate for step 1 ? how useful have you found it ? and how do you actually use it ? read the whole article or just the summary ?
 
How many of you use Uptodate for step 1 ? how useful have you found it ? and how do you actually use it ? read the whole article or just the summary ?

Would recommend UTD for Step 2 and 3, but only use it for your general knowledge/interests at this stage. It is not a good resource to prep for Step 1. Venturing into that type of territory is digressive.
 
Phloston, how is Onlinemeded for step 2 prep? Can its PDFs substitute for UTD? I downloaded their CAD PDF (its free), and its essentially an algorithmic/step-by-step breakdown of how to manage CAD. Would something like MTB2/3 + onlinemeded work?
 
Phloston, how is Onlinemeded for step 2 prep? Can its PDFs substitute for UTD? I downloaded their CAD PDF (its free), and its essentially an algorithmic/step-by-step breakdown of how to manage CAD. Would something like MTB2/3 + onlinemeded work?

I can't comment on Onlinemeded as I never used that. UpToDate is the gold standard once you hit rotations. Because whenever there's a debate about something, if you go to UTD and it gives an answer everyone just shuts up. MTB2/3 are satisfactory for gaining a skeletal understanding of the material, but do not memorize these books for Step 2/3. UTD fills in the gaps.