Upward trend GPA Question

BiomajorPreDent

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
  1. Dental Student
    Do upward trends in GPA help out even if they are in your 3rd year?

I have an upward trend from my last two semesters of 3.6 and 3.7 (which includes A-'s and B+'s in upper div biology classes and B+ and A in Physics 1 and 2)

But my cumulative gpa is only 3.36 and 3.25 BCP

I did briefly mention it in my personal statement in app and talk about how I had to re adjust time management which resulted in better grades..so I am basically hoping I dont get any rejections before this fall's grades go up so I can show I have another semester of 3.7 + grades

About the Ads

nze82

May 15, 2009
    CA
    1. Dental Student
      Do upward trends in GPA help out even if they are in your 3rd year?

I have an upward trend from my last two semesters of 3.6 and 3.7 (which includes A-'s and B+'s in upper div biology classes and B+ and A in Physics 1 and 2)

But my cumulative gpa is only 3.36 and 3.25 BCP

I did briefly mention it in my personal statement in app and talk about how I had to re adjust time management which resulted in better grades..so I am basically hoping I dont get any rejections before this fall's grades go up so I can show I have another semester of 3.7 + grades
      The upward trend is definitely a positive thing. But it doesn't completely overshadow your low GPA.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.