Upward Trend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm currently waiting to hear back about my MCAT score and am having my daily freak out and what not. So I've been curious about how important an upward trend is if I didn't fare so well for health reasons.
My GPA through my 4 years went like this: F:3.50, S:3.20, J:3.75, S: 4.0... I'm sure you can tell what year I hit the fan... I received B-/B- in Ochem, B- in biochem and C+ in molecular bio all sophomore year when I was sick all of the time. I'm just curious as to how much it will impact me when I apply to MD schools next year.
Any thoughts/advice?
The upward trend is fine, but your overall GPA matters most. What would it end up being? I don't know because your number of creds may be different.

Nothing you can do now except your best, frankly. Once you have your overall GPA and MCAT, that will give a better gauge of what to do next.
 
I graduated with a cGPA of 3.61 and sGPA 3.53. My sophomore and junior class load were the heaviest.
I'm thinking about taking sociology and calc (I wasn't allowed to take it at my undergrad because of my AP scores) at a CC to fulfill the changes in requirements for 2016 acceptance.
And yeah... Hoping to go 30+ on my MCAT. If I don't I plan on retaking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is really, really common.

So quit fussing.

I'm currently waiting to hear back about my MCAT score and am having my daily freak out and what not. So I've been curious about how important an upward trend is if I didn't fare so well for health reasons.
My GPA through my 4 years went like this: F:3.50, S:3.20, J:3.75, S: 4.0... I'm sure you can tell what year I hit the fan... I received B-/B- in Ochem, B- in biochem and C+ in molecular bio all sophomore year when I was sick all of the time. I'm just curious as to how much it will impact me when I apply to MD schools next year.
Any thoughts/advice?