Urea Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nb candy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi can some one please help me with my urea cycle question that in which part on urea cycle does the enzyme xanthine oxidase appear n how it acts

Members don't see this ad.

Hi can some one please help me with my urea cycle question that in which part on urea cycle does the enzyme xanthine oxidase appear n how it acts

hey.. i think u mixed to 2 pathways..xantine oxidase is not related to urea cycle.. check in google or open again biochem book..

goodluck

i read that xanthine oxidase is present in liver and plays important role in conversion of uric acid to urea is that correct

i read that xanthine oxidase is present in liver and plays important role in conversion of uric acid to urea is that correct

this is 100% wrong.. i guess u miss understood..double check it..
uric acid and urea are not same thing! try to read different text..

Members don't see this ad :)
hi...the problem is that uric acid is not urate..these r u 2 dofferent molecules and 2 seprated pathway that are not interlinked! check in wikipedia definition to urate and than to uric acid..

goodluck

In humans, xanthine oxidase is normally found in the liver and not free in the blood. During severe liver damage, xanthine oxidase is released into the blood, so a blood assay for XO is a way to determine if liver damage has happened. As well, because xanthine oxidase is a metabolic pathway for uric acid formation, the xanthine oxidase inhibitor allopurinol is used in the treatment of gout.