Urgent Advice Needed Failed Nbme

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inmed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is scheduled for a week from now. I am still on my final first aid review at this point. I scored a 360 on the NBME 2 which is a 180. WHat should i do at this point? I figure since this test is pretty correlative to the real thing and this score is quite alarming and worries me. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My exam is scheduled for a week from now. I am still on my final first aid review at this point. I scored a 360 on the NBME 2 which is a 180. WHat should i do at this point? I figure since this test is pretty correlative to the real thing and this score is quite alarming and worries me. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Don't take it. Take a rotation or year off, go to kaplan boot camp or a similar thing, then take it.

You will be pretty screwed even if you get a 186.

If I was you, I'd do questions every day in the morning and review first aid in the afternoon. Then take another NBME maybe 2 days before your exam and see what you get. Try to relax the day before (I know it's hard, but trust me! It's the best thing to do) and maybe only do a couple questions in the morn to keep you sharp.

If you're doing really bad on that second NBME then think of delaying it but you could have just been unlucky on that first one. Good luck to you!