Urgent Situation.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cristiano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out my lab is being restructured, but the same PI. All members are being replaced by new members. Am I fired?

I'm worried how this will effect my applications to MD and SMP and Master programs.

Thanks for help.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i'm not the most informed person on this forum but here is my 2 cents.

If this is a job related lab work, I don't think it will be deleterious to your MD/SMP application. You might not able to get a good LoR from it, but you can very well spin the situation saying that you wanted to focus on other aspects toward your MD future.

Get out while you still can. And if asked about it (you probably won't unless MD/PhD), just say it wasn't a good fit and you didn't like the group. Or say a different/better opportunity came up, if it does.

No worries, you are going to be fine.

Even the most qualified applicants/doctors/whoever have the potential for personality conflicts and things just not working out. No need to worry here! It's OK. Just focus on getting a new job- that's not something to be taken for granted these days. Breathe, you're going to be fine.