URI DPT 2021-22 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appleblossompt

Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for University of Rhode Island on here yet. Last I heard, we were supposed to hear about interviews mid-November. Has anyone received an interview invitation yet??

Members don't see this ad.

I received an invitation on November 19th, scheduled for December 16th

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up cancelling my interview as well. Hope it emptied up a seat! Goodluck everyone!

Hi everyone so I interviewed with them on 12/16 and they said we should hear back within 2 weeks. So maybe they'll call the first week of Jan? Definitely feeling anxious and good luck to everyone who interviewed!

Hi everyone so I interviewed with them on 12/16 and they said we should hear back within 2 weeks. So maybe they'll call the first week of Jan? Definitely feeling anxious and good luck to everyone who interviewed!
Anxiously waiting!

Same here I've been checking my phone and emails nonstop and considered calling them but I feel like that's just my nerves talking haha
I've also been anxiously checking my email & phone!! Hopefully we hear back soon! Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
I interview with URI on 12/14 and heard back from them with an acceptance about a week later. I just turned down my position at URI as other schools have sent other offers, but best of luck to all of you and hopefully you all begin hearing back soon or have already heard back!

I haven’t heard back from them either and I’m super anxious about whether or not I got in and I think I interviewed well! Hopefully we’ll get some news soon!
So i reached out to one of the professors i interviewed with and he said it’s one of those years where pretty much the entire initial class accepted their offers so the class filled up very quickly this year :(

So i reached out to one of the professors i interviewed with and he said it’s one of those years where pretty much the entire initial class accepted their offers so the class filled up very quickly this year :(
Well that’s disappointing. I even emailed them about a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t gotten a response. I figured they either filled up the class, or they were taking their time. I was looking forward to hearing back since it’s the only school that gave me an interview. Maybe next year then! Thank you for the update!

Yeah i would email the person you interviewed with and ask them how you can improve your application for next year. And i’m in the same boat, i applied to 6 schools and URI was the only one that’s offered me an interview but at least now you can get a head start in preparing for next year and possibly save up money if you’re working, we got this will get in next time! 🙏🏽

Reactions: 1 user
This is really helpful thanks for the encouragement! I was definitely in the same boat as you too! I’ll reach out to them after I’m done with work today! Good luck!

Well that’s disappointing. I even emailed them about a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t gotten a response. I figured they either filled up the class, or they were taking their time. I was looking forward to hearing back since it’s the only school that gave me an interview. Maybe next year then! Thank you for the update!
I think it’s upsetting that they didn’t even send emails out to let prospective students know they haven’t been accepted. we had all all been waiting!

People who accepted may have put their deposit down b/c it was their first acceptance and could drop their seat if they hear back from another school they liked better! They're not rejecting you yet because theres still that very strong possibility!! Stay hopeful guys and good luck!

Everyone who got interviews, what were your stats (GRE GPA etc)?
I had a 3.6 gpa, 1000+ Shadowing hours, 154-152/4.0 gre. I had no extracurriculars but multiple jobs

Last edited:
Everyone who got interviews, what were your stats (GRE GPA etc)?
162 V
161 Q
5.0 AW

3.53 cGPA
3.3-ish pGPA

153 shadowing hours in I think 4 settings
Undegrad research experience in marine science
Employment and volunteer history