-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
URI DPT
Started by gronkypatty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have. Received an interview invitation today via email. Don't know what day I'm going to go yet though.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I haven't heard back yet.. Could you tell me when you applied and they confirmed everything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard back yet.. Could you tell me when you applied and they confirmed everything?
I applied on Oct 3rd and they emailed me Oct 25th saying they received my PTCAS app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
I guess ill start praying for something soon then aha
They emailed me 11/18 to invite me to an interview, so they didn't email everyone at once since that other guy got his 11/10.Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from URI yet?
Rudolph did you pick an interview day yet?
I forgot to say applied 10/04 and got the email that they got everything that same dayThey emailed me 11/18 to invite me to an interview, so they didn't email everyone at once since that other guy got his 11/10.
Rudolph did you pick an interview day yet?
They emailed me 11/18 to invite me to an interview, so they didn't email everyone at once since that other guy got his 11/10.
Rudolph did you pick an interview day yet?
I did. I picked Jan 4 at 130. What about you?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Me too!!!! hahah!! I'm like a 6 hour drive away so I might just fly in. They said part of it is a group interview and then part is an interview with a staff member. I'm nervous! But I guess we have some time to prepare. Have you interviewed anywhere else?
Me too!!!! hahah!! I'm like a 6 hour drive away so I might just fly in. They said part of it is a group interview and then part is an interview with a staff member. I'm nervous! But I guess we have some time to prepare. Have you interviewed anywhere else?
Haha. Nice. We're sure to cross paths then. Where are you flying from? I'm 3 1/2 away so I'm going to drive. Im definitely nervous as well. I've already recorded and watched myself (extremely humbling lol) and have been practicing like crazy in the mirror. I'm definitely glad we have all that time lol. I Haven't interviewed anywhere as yet. I have one coming up at MGH IHP on Dec 3. It's an "Open House" by invitation, but I'm treating it as an interview since they don't offer acceptances until afterwards anyways.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Northern Virginia. I mostly applied to schools in VA besides URI & U of Miami. I havn't had any interviews or interview invites yet besides this one! So I'm really nervous. I'll probably just google typical ?'s and try to answer them, I have no ideaa!! lol. I wonder how many people are going to be in the group interviews... But anyway, good luck! & I'll probably see you on the 4th!Haha. Nice. We're sure to cross paths then. Where are you flying from? I'm 3 1/2 away so I'm going to drive. Im definitely nervous as well. I've already recorded and watched myself (extremely humbling lol) and have been practicing like crazy in the mirror. I'm definitely glad we have all that time lol. I Haven't interviewed anywhere as yet. I have one coming up at MGH IHP on Dec 3. It's an "Open House" by invitation, but I'm treating it as an interview since they don't offer acceptances until afterwards anyways.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hello All! Just wondering how everyone is feeling about the upcoming interview. I'm pretty nervous since it'll be my first.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm really nervous too. It's going to be my first interview too! I hope the questions are pretty basic, but I have no idea what to expect & I've never done a group interview ever.
I wonder what building the interview will be in because I don't think the email said anything about that. I think it's probably in the independence square building somewhere. I hope they tell us soon.
eeeeeeek!!!
I wonder what building the interview will be in because I don't think the email said anything about that. I think it's probably in the independence square building somewhere. I hope they tell us soon.
eeeeeeek!!!
I'm really nervous too. It's going to be my first interview too! I hope the questions are pretty basic, but I have no idea what to expect & I've never done a group interview ever.
I wonder what building the interview will be in because I don't think the email said anything about that. I think it's probably in the independence square building somewhere. I hope they tell us soon.
eeeeeeek!!!
It is in that building. They sent it in the confirmation email. I'm preparing for anything, but I hope the questions are easy too. I just don't want to screw up because the program seems awesome
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh you're right I just went back and checked. Are you going to bring a resume?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh you're right I just went back and checked. Are you going to bring a resume?
I don't think so. I was contemplating it, but everything that's on it is in PTCAS anyway lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh you're right I just went back and checked. Are you going to bring a resume?
So I just spoke to be of my friends who's in their first year and she said to definitely bring a resume. So Yes, I'm going to bring a resume lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha! thanks for letting me know, I wasn't sure if I should. How early do you plan on getting there?
My flight is pretty early since I was worried it could be delayed or something so I'm going to see if I can hangout in a library lol.
I'm so nervous I haven't really practiced out loud too much and I keep thinking of different ways to answer possible questions!!
My flight is pretty early since I was worried it could be delayed or something so I'm going to see if I can hangout in a library lol.
I'm so nervous I haven't really practiced out loud too much and I keep thinking of different ways to answer possible questions!!
I'm staying over in a hotel the night before. Probably just going to hang in the lobby before I drive over. Yea I'm pretty nervous too. I stopped practicing out loud for a while. I'm going to start back up this weekend. How many possible questions have you come across?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just googled "interview questions for physical therapy schools" and have been clicking on all the top links. I tried to focus on basic questions like why pt? why URI? weaknesses and strengths and having multiple answers. Then I'm also practicing some pretty random questions and basic grad school ?'s since I really don't know what they will ask. I'm not focusing a bunch on those though because there are so many. I'm going to reread some of the essays I used for other schools to refresh my memory on some of my own experiences LOL.
I'm flying in at like 8am and going to hangout in the library and prep more. So nervous! But I'm just going to try to be relaxed during it. The weather doesn't look too bad so that's a plus!
I'm flying in at like 8am and going to hangout in the library and prep more. So nervous! But I'm just going to try to be relaxed during it. The weather doesn't look too bad so that's a plus!
I havn't heard back yet 🙁 hopefully I'm waitlisted or something. Have you?
They said some people might found out monday but i havent heard anything
Me neither ahhh, I've been staring at my phone all day lol. Hopefully anyone who gets a call will post in here so that those who don't get first round calls can stop being so anxious!
I skype interviewed this past Thursday and got a call this afternoon saying I was accepted and would be getting a letter in the mail later this week with more information.Me neither ahhh, I've been staring at my phone all day lol. Hopefully anyone who gets a call will post in here so that those who don't get first round calls can stop being so anxious!
D
deleted621075
I interviewed on the 4th and received a phone call as well today that I was accepted.
D
deleted621075
I plan to accept
I skype interviewed this past Thursday and got a call this afternoon saying I was accepted and would be getting a letter in the mail later this week with more information.
Congrats, congrats!! How exciting! Thanks for letting us know 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All. For those of you guys that were accepted, what's the deadline to accept and submit the deposit?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted621075
Hello All. For those of you guys that were accepted, what's the deadline to accept and submit the deposit?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The deadline in my letter said January 23rd to accept and submit the deposit.
Yaay congrats! Was your interview Wednesday or Thursday??I just received a call from uri that I was accepted! I wanted to post for anyone like me, who checks sdn forums every day for updates. If you're reading this, I hope your acceptance is on its way!
Congrats!I just received a call from uri that I was accepted! I wanted to post for anyone like me, who checks sdn forums every day for updates. If you're reading this, I hope your acceptance is on its way!
Yaay congrats! Was your interview Wednesday or Thursday??
Speaking on behalf of eeyoremel, her interview was Wednesday. Good luck!