URM Chances at JHU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ibrahim05

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think a URM with a 3.3 gpa and competitive MCATs has a good chance of getting into hopkins? Does anyone know of anyone, URM or not with GPA less than 3.5 get into hopkins?

Members don't see this ad.

one URM to another - WHO THE FUCC cares??
Just apply - its $75, I really dont think its going to break the bank!
I really hope this thread doesnt turn into another one of those AA debates with people going... oh dont worry, you're a shoe-in.
:rolleyes:
honestly, I dont think you have anything to lose by applying - but I wouldnt hold my breath. Just base your decisions on the mean GPA/MCAT scores of the relevant schools and consider any points you get for being a URM as just that - bonus points.
so just apply and dont lose sleep over it. this process is so random you never know who is going to get in. :)
g'luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think the "FUCC" was called for! :rolleyes:

how many times have students here posted,

I have this GPA and that McAT, what are my chances?!?

how many times people, at least a million!!! :rolleyes:

so why is it that when someone puts the words URM, all of a sudden, it gets this kind of attention?! BLAH

it's ridiculous...

so what the heck, this forum was created for ALL kinds of people to post whatever the heck they wanted....I don't understand why you have to flame that guy's a$$, for simply asking a URM question....if you didn't like the damn thread, all you had to do was not reply to it.....

PS Please don't confuse darkchild with darkmatter....darkmatter is superkewl :cool:

relax.
in case you havent noticed there have been a spate of AA related threads which have turned into flame matches.
its getting old.

Originally posted by WatchaMaCallit
I don't think the "FUCC" was called for! :rolleyes:

how many times have students here posted,

I have this GPA and that McAT, what are my chances?!?

how many times people, at least a million!!! :rolleyes:

so why is it that when someone puts the words URM, all of a sudden, it gets this kind of attention?! BLAH

it's ridiculous...

so what the heck, this forum was created for ALL kinds of people to post whatever the heck they wanted....I don't understand why you have to flame that guy's a$$, for simply asking a URM question....if you didn't like the damn thread, all you had to do was not reply to it.....

PS Please don't confuse darkchild with darkmatter....darkmatter is superkewl :cool:

Ibrahim,
Are you indian/pakistani and claiming URM status?

Originally posted by lady bug
Ibrahim,
Are you indian/pakistani and claiming URM status?

haha....i wish indian was a URM

nero

To be hones (as a fellow URM) I do not think that those numbers will get you in *unless* you have extraordinary ec/volunteer/lor/research. There are just enough URM's with high numbers (mcat,gpa) and research or whatnot that apply there. So I think that if you do have other great things sure apply, but if not, I would personally not even consider it.

I think you buggers need to relax, the fact is admission standard is different for URMs to some degree. I am not here to argue about AA with anyone. What i am actually looking for is the stats for the students accepted at every med school. Some schools do have the profile of their classes on their web site but most do not. Does anyone know where i can get this information?

my roommate from college ('96) is an URM and got into hopkins (he went to HMS ). he had about a 3.3 and over a 30 (32?) on his MCAT. in terms of activities, nothing too crazy, but he did work at Beth Israel (part of HMS system) with an oncology professor for 2 years in college. His parents were also doctors and he used to shadow them sometimes so he was really knowledgeable about clinical related issues and medicine in general. He is also very engaging (which I'm sure helped for interviews) and overall a nice guy. hope that helps,
loomis