URM School List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemgirl15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
African-American or immigrant from Africa? If the latter, which country in particular?

URM or no, nothing wrong with aiming high.

I suggest:
Vanderbilt
WashU
Yale
JHU
U Chicago
NYU
U Penn
Northwestern
Columbia
Harvard
Stanford
Mayo
Cornell
Sinai
BU
U VA
Duke
Baylor
Case
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
U MI
Albert Einstein
Hofstra
Ohio State
Pitt
U Cincy
USF Morsani
Dartmouth
Rochester
USC/Keck
Western MI
Emory
Jefferson
Miami
SLU
Tufts
U IA
U VM
Your state school

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro Parents are immigrants, I was born here. Thank you for the list as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think your list is fine as is. Yes, it's very top-heavy, but your numbers are that strong and highly-qualified URM applicants are very desirable. If you interview reasonably well, you should be able to secure multiple acceptances.

If you don't interview even remotely well, then lesser schools won't like you either, so there's no real point to applying there...

You could argue for adding a few schools known to throw generous scholarship aid, but offhand, I can't say which schools those are. I'm betting a search here could turn them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@gyngyn @DokterMom Thank you both! It's hard for me not to be worried/nervous about my app cycle because it's unpredictable how the cycle may turn out.

You are quite a strong applicant as it is; your URM status takes you from golden to platinum. Add your state schools and the HBCUs - which will doubtless be salivating over you. Then fill the rest of your list with any top-20 school that appeals to you.

You are Platinum.png

Reactions: 1 user