Urology and MSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtDNA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior in undergrad who has been accepted to MSUCOM. I looked at a list of urology programs for DO, and found a whole bunch that were affiliated with MSUCOM. If these programs are affiliated with MSUCOM...does that mean that a graduate of MSUCOM has a better chance of getting in there than other candidates with similar credentials, but from different schools? Or does this not matter?

Members don't see this ad.

mtDNA said:
I am a senior in undergrad who has been accepted to MSUCOM. I looked at a list of urology programs for DO, and found a whole bunch that were affiliated with MSUCOM. If these programs are affiliated with MSUCOM...does that mean that a graduate of MSUCOM has a better chance of getting in there than other candidates with similar credentials, but from different schools? Or does this not matter?

Not really sure how to help you on this matter. I'm allopathic MD. I'd talk to the deans at MSUCOM and find out.

I rotated there and spent a year a Botsford. There seems to be no difference where you do your medical school training...sadly.

They are a good group...basically there are two main groups...the POH group and the TriCounty group...both have their own spots to delagate out...

Hope this helped...