US Acute Care Solutions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Avoid USACS like the plague.

You are nothing more than a widget maker for this company. My group was taken over by them through a series of hospital mergers. Since they took over, our ED has been in decline.

Hour cuts, constant schedule changes, constant under staffing. Push to cut physician hours and staff with more mid levels. Forced us to pay ~$30,000 at the end of last year because they "restructured" the shares you get.

ESP?

So you are essentially a shareholder like buying Ford and getting dividends? Seems like a great deal

What cash flow? There are no real open books. They declare a "bonus" at the end of the year, and the amount you get depends on your percentage vesting. Typically it was about $10K/year for fully vested docs. They claim your share is worth $100K, however when you cash out the amount you get is significantly less. Also if you are fired "for cause" they can take away the equity, and you get nothing. Also cannot sell or cash out equity while still a partner.

What a ridiculous set up. Why anyone would fall for this as a benefit is beyond me. They under pay you and trade you for shares that are worthless in the open market. You have to work years to get these worthess shares vested. Once vested you get 10k/yr and the promise that it is worth 100-150K. They can fire you anytime after being vested and you lose your worthless shares.

So after 5 years of working at subpar rates, you get 10k/yr although your are prob giving up 50+K in salary. You get these worthless shares that "may" have some worth when you sell it but you really don't know until you sell it.

What kind of scam is this?

Let me buy some apple stock and atleast I know I will get a dividend, see their financial statements, know the value in the open market.

This scam would be like buying apple stock with the promise that it could be worth $500 when you sell it but likely less. They can take it way anytime. You can't see their financials. Oh by the way, you have work for Apple or those shares are worthless. Geeez... seems illegal.

Reactions: 3 users