US citizen - foreign degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podyon18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
my current situation is that im a US citizen with a bachelor in law from a foreign college thats not a respected college even in its own country - But i have a perfect 4.0 GPA

A)Do you guys (girls too!) think that id be able to get into a post bacc program in the US

B) if i were to get into a post bacc program - How would US medical schools view me being that i have a foreign degree with American post-bacc certification?

(Also if any of you have any other tips on ways i could pursue my dream)

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pleeeaaaasssse!!!
Someone help me!
Thank you!

In what country did you attend college?

I think your acceptance into a post bac program will depend on the individual schools you apply to. Personally, I don't think you'll have a problem. However, call or email each of the schools you want to apply to and find out if they'll honor your college coursework.

I actually think that your foreign degree will help with your acceptance into med school. It opens the door for tons of interest into your personal life, oportunities for you to talk about life experience and perspective. As long as you can produce a history of solid, consistent grades, your chances for acceptance will be high. Your postbac work will be important as it will erase any doubt of your aptitude for science or the rigor of your foreign coursework.

I have several friends with foreign degrees who have entered med school or some other graduate program here in the US with no problems. As long as it was an accredited university, it generally won't matter if it was foreign or domestic. Good luck with the post bac!