US citizen with UK degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1043750

Hi!

I am a UK graduate in a vocational health science program. I plan to take the basic science courses and some upper level bio courses at a 4 yr university.

I am contemplating a second bachelors vs meeting minimum requirements for MD admissions. Doing a second bachelors is very expensive (even if I go to a state school), and there are a lot of general education courses that I would have to take.

I am a US citizen so I am a 'home' student. I know some schools like Mayo, Rush etc won't only US bachelors. There are some that want a minimum of 60-90.

NYU looks at the WES evaluated degree, Keck school of medicine USC said they will self evaluate the degree.

Has anyone been accepted into a MD program without a US degree? If so, what school accepted you and what were your stats.

I am deliberating on second bachelors vs taking courses as a non degree seeking student (which is cheaper and means I don't have to do general ed courses).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.