US citizen with UK degree

Started by deleted1043750
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1043750

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I am a UK graduate in a vocational health science program. I plan to take the basic science courses and some upper level bio courses at a 4 yr university.

I am contemplating a second bachelors vs meeting minimum requirements for MD admissions. Doing a second bachelors is very expensive (even if I go to a state school), and there are a lot of general education courses that I would have to take.

I am a US citizen so I am a 'home' student. I know some schools like Mayo, Rush etc won't only US bachelors. There are some that want a minimum of 60-90.

NYU looks at the WES evaluated degree, Keck school of medicine USC said they will self evaluate the degree.

Has anyone been accepted into a MD program without a US degree? If so, what school accepted you and what were your stats.

I am deliberating on second bachelors vs taking courses as a non degree seeking student (which is cheaper and means I don't have to do general ed courses).

Thank you!