us med school grad, residency in canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waldowaldo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

i'm hoping you can offer some advice. i am currently a 4rd year medical student in the US. i was thinking about doing a residency in dermatology but it is nearly impossible to get into in the US so i was thinking about trying Canada. I am a canadian citizen so hopefully that will help. do you know if dermatology is as competitive in canada as it is in the US? Do i need to take any other exams other than USMLE? Thanks a bunch.

waldo

Members don't see this ad.

waldowaldo said:
hey everyone,

i'm hoping you can offer some advice. i am currently a 4rd year medical student in the US. i was thinking about doing a residency in dermatology but it is nearly impossible to get into in the US so i was thinking about trying Canada. I am a canadian citizen so hopefully that will help. do you know if dermatology is as competitive in canada as it is in the US? Do i need to take any other exams other than USMLE? Thanks a bunch.

waldo

I believe it is more competitive in Canada, since there are only 6 spots nation-wide. You would have to write the MCCQE.