US pharmacy schools

Started by 2bpharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2bpharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a Canadian student and interested in applying to the pharm program in the states. Can you guys tell me if all pharm schools in the US starts in Sept. Is there any exception e.g. schools that are still accepting applicants to maybe starts in Jan??? Also does anyone know what is the cost to attend a US pharm as a Canadian?
 
Classes always start in the Fall.

There is no single tuition rate for the schools. If it were a state school, you'd pay out of state tuition. If it were private, you'd pay full tuition. You will need to check PharmCAS or with each school to find out who will accept international students. I don't know all the details, but I'd imagine you will need a work visa to be eligible to complete your required internship hours. Ballpark is probably 30-35K in tuition per year, plus living and other expenses.
 
University of Buffalo does not consider Canadian applicants as international students. I'm not sure about other pharmacy schools in the states but Buffalo only charges you out-of-state tuition if you are a Canadian student.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
University of Buffalo does not consider Canadian applicants as international students. I'm not sure about other pharmacy schools in the states but Buffalo only charges you out-of-state tuition if you are a Canadian student.

could you please provide a source for this? I'm looking through their website and can't find it.
 
I actually didn't find out from the website. I got that info from an email from the admissions office last year when I was considering applying to US schools.