Africa and Middle East US students in African med schools?

Started by leo56
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leo56

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Just wondering if any sub-Saharan African medical schools accept American students? I studied abroad in South Africa and fell in love with the country. Doesn't look like University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch accept US students. Has anyone heard of an American going to an African med school?

Thanks!
 
leo56 said:
Hello,

Just wondering if any sub-Saharan African medical schools accept American students? I studied abroad in South Africa and fell in love with the country. Doesn't look like University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch accept US students. Has anyone heard of an American going to an African med school?

Thanks!

Hey,
I'm a student at the Univ. of Nairobi med school, in Kenya, East Africa. I've seen a few American students who've come over for their electives. Some choose to do them in hospitals in more rural settings, others do theirs at our training hospital, Kenyatta National hospital.
Infact, there's a student who joined my class about 2 years ago while i was in 3rd year. He was from a med school in Seattle.(or is that where he grew up? 🙄 )
Anyway, i could find out if yo' interested.
Laterz.
 
leo56 said:
Hello,

Just wondering if any sub-Saharan African medical schools accept American students? I studied abroad in South Africa and fell in love with the country. Doesn't look like University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch accept US students. Has anyone heard of an American going to an African med school?

Thanks!
i am interested in post graduation course in cape town is it valuable to doing in cape town university ?
 
Hi, I want to know pg degree value after doing in cape town university ? is it eligible in uk or australia ? ielts or toeffel is must for that ?

Just wondering if any sub-Saharan African medical schools accept American students? I studied abroad in South Africa and fell in love with the country. Doesn't look like University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch accept US students. Has anyone heard of an American going to an African med school?

Thanks![/QUOTE]