US, there i ...go??

Started by JCRail
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JCRail

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be a nutricionist in 2 years and I am looking forward entering med school in the US after that. My beloved 3rd world country is actually very good in the health field but I would like to feel the experience. (Don't worry, I am not planning to stay :laugh:) . Gee... finances worry me though. Of course I know it will be a huge investment but I think it's worth it. How bad is it, for real? how many years you keep paying your loans? It is relatively easy to find jobs in the medical field in my country and they are often well payed. How do you handle finances while at school?
 
What country are you from?

The average indebtedness depends on each school (private or public) and your status as a student (resident or non-resident of the individual state). Here's a good summary page: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/debt

Since you'd be here on an education visa (I'm assuming you're not a US citizen and aren't considered a resident of any US state), you might also have trouble financing your education if you're planning to use student loans from US institutions. Though, by no means do I know what the process is for that.
 
thnx for the link!

I'm from Peru.
well the student loan is just a thought, the main plan is to auto- finance med school. I'd like to explore every possibility though.

Thxs!!