US transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrChemistry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is it possible for one to transfer from a non US offshore med school,.. say the UWI or others, into a US medical school considering no MCATetc.. If so which schools, requirements.

Much Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Is it possible for one to transfer from a non US offshore med school,.. say the UWI or others, into a US medical school considering no MCATetc.. If so which schools, requirements.

Much Thanks:)

Well I could be wrong...But I've never herd of this happening without any previous Mcat scores.

Just so that any one who really does know actual facts about this subject can help you accurately please answer these:

What year are you? (i.e. MS1-4)

Are you US Citizen?

Why not finish where your at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for quick reply. Im MS -1, us permanent resident, no mcat or US undergrad degree, not from SGU... is it possible.

THANKS

Thanks for quick reply. Im MS -1, us permanent resident, no mcat or US undergrad degree, not from SGU... is it possible.

THANKS

THANKS

Anything is possible, but highly unlikely due to no MCAT or degree.

So which schools should I apply to?

Thanks

So which schools should I apply to?

Thanks

I'm confused? You are at SGU now MD1 and you want to transfer?

No Step one
No MCAT
No BS degree

How do you suppose to ever be accepted by any School in the USA when they are turning down people with

GPA of 3.4 and MCAT 26
a 4 year degree
Volunteering
Shadowing
Research

You could prove me wrong but I doubt it because my feeling is 0 chance nada,
even if you passed step one I think you have 0 chance since you have no degree and MCAT the way I understood it was that the US schools would accept people who qualified for the school on transfer and that meant an MCAT at least and few if any ever transfer without step one.

Being accepted at a Caribbean school is not the same as being accepted at a US school, by far.

:luck:

I'm confused? You are at SGU now MD1 and you want to transfer?

No Step one
No MCAT
No BS degree

How do you suppose to ever be accepted by any School in the USA when they are turning down people with

GPA of 3.4 and MCAT 26
a 4 year degree
Volunteering
Shadowing
Research

You could prove me wrong but I doubt it because my feeling is 0 chance nada,
even if you passed step one I think you have 0 chance since you have no degree and MCAT the way I understood it was that the US schools would accept people who qualified for the school on transfer and that meant an MCAT at least and few if any ever transfer without step one.

Being accepted at a Caribbean school is not the same as being accepted at a US school, by far.

:luck:

From first hand experience I'm going to tell you that this is absolutely the case. :rolleyes: US schools are looking for transfer students that meet ALL of the same requirements as their current MS3s and BETTER! IMO it's more difficult to get a transfer spot from a carib. school than to apply as a freshman out of college. The US schools will have nothing to really compare you to if you do not have a MCAT score, step 1 score, or a undergrad GPA! Stick with your current school and focus on doing the best you can there.

Good luck to you!! :)

what school u go to cuzz SGU requires an MCAT for admission?

This transfer stuff makes me sick, just suck it up and stay and succeed many have and you can too. My school is not considered that good and I just want to finish, It's legit and I can practice so thats all I need I will be a Doc for years this will be a memory. A Doc is what I'll be

Let me put it this way

You did not finish a degree
You did not want to take the time to do the MCAT
You have not even finished 1 year of medical school

You want a US school to accept that you are qualified for them without proving anything? Without doing anything but get accepted to a Caribbean school who does not have the strict review and acceptance of applicants, you expect to have a short cut into a US school that if was there then the flood gates would be opened?

Sorry but anyone that tells you you can get into a US medical school with no degree, no MCAT no USMLE no real time in a Foreign school is Lying it cannot be done. It should never happen, it is wrong in so many ways when the rest of us work our tails off. I have found no shortcuts no such thing, just hard work.

Good Luck

Thanks for all the replies.

Look I wish you luck and if you get into a US medical school then great.

If you get in without an MCAT and undergrad degree then great for you and we need to know so then some of us can sue the A off the US school that does this.:cool::D

Why do you want to transfer? Is your current school that bad?

Why do you want to transfer? Is your current school that bad?
These Caribbean schools below the big 4 may teach the material but they are not like US schools when you are there, not at all.
Many wish they never went they are used to copies of past tests and hand holding.
They are convinced that US medical schools do this.