USA (San Marcos) / APU / Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cooperylee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey. I am really interested in USA (san marcos) , APU, and Western. Currently I am in the process of applying for the class of 2013. I was wondering if those who were on the wait list and that got accepted can post their stats (and possibly the #). Thank you.


University: California State University of Long Beach
Major: Art - Photography
Overall GPA: 2.8 (as of now)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: Taking it in the Summer
 
I applied to 2 out of the 3 schools you listed, which were APU and Western, so I will list my stats.

University: California State University, Los Angeles
Major: Exercise Science

Overall GPA: 3.87
Prereq GPA: 3.92

GRE: 1250 combined (old version); Verbal 600; Quantitative 650; AW 4.0

Observation hours: Outpatient clinic ~120 hours volunteer, and been working as PT aide since July 2011

Extracurricular activities: 100 hours at my school spinal cord injury lab (body weight supported treadmill training), 80 hours as hospital volunteer (patient menu assistant), recreational basketball leagues

Work experience: Subway (embarrassing, I know lol), Mobility Training Center Student Assistant

Applied to: USC, Cal State Northridge, MSMC, APU, Western
Interviews: APU, Western (declined)
Waitlisted: APU, Mount St. Mary's College
Rejected: APU
Accepted: USC, Cal State Northridge

It's pretty competitive now. The only schools that I applied to that did interviews were Azusa and Western. I declined Western's offer, and I thought that I did really well at APU's interview. However, they wait-listed and never accepted me. Maybe one flaw in my application was that I didn't have any inpatient experience. Oh well, I'm now choosing between USC and CSUN!!!
 
I applied to all three schools. I was waitlisted for an interview at both USA san marcos for the Summer and Fall term (have not been taken off the waitlist) and Western. I was taken off the interview waitlist at Western and interviewed there yesterday. I haven't heard anything from APU since I applied for February 2013. Hope that helps and best of luck to you!