USA vs Canada

Started by Ekuj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ekuj

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone here have experience in both countries?

I'm currently entering P3 in a Canadian pharmacy school, but I have dual citizenship so I could move to the US after I graduate if I wanted to. I have experience in a Canadian retail setting, but I'm wondering if it's significantly different in the US. I know the job outlook isn't the greatest these days in either country, but would I have a much tougher time finding a job as an international pharmacist in the US (or have a tough time getting licensed with a Canadian BSc in Pharmacy)?

I have family near the bay area in California, so I'd most likely move there. I understand that I'd need 1500 hours of internship. How difficult would it be to get those hours (ie finding a placement and everything)?

I guess my main question is whether working as a pharmacist is better in the US compared to Canada (and is it worth it in my case)?

Thanks