USAF HPSP Recipients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else get the air force scholarship and going to COT in July?

Members don't see this ad.

COT is a lot of fun...let me know if you need any advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else get the air force scholarship and going to COT in July?

So is it official for you. Did you get commissioned and everything. My reqrueter told me I was all but accepted but I'm still waiting to be commissioned. He said there was some kind of a problem with the background check system and that everyone was waiting for that to be resolved. Did you hear anything about that?

So is it official for you. Did you get commissioned and everything. My reqrueter told me I was all but accepted but I'm still waiting to be commissioned. He said there was some kind of a problem with the background check system and that everyone was waiting for that to be resolved. Did you hear anything about that?

I haven't heard anything about that. I met with my recruiter a few days ago to sign a few things..i think medical clearances and background check stuff, but he never said anything about their being a problem but who knows. I haven't been commissioned yet. I have already been accepted for the scholarship, but still havent been sworn in. I'm holding off until i know EXACTLY where i'm going to school. Probably will be at NYU but still waiting to see if others take me off the waitlist. So you have been accepted right?

I haven't heard anything about that. I met with my recruiter a few days ago to sign a few things..i think medical clearances and background check stuff, but he never said anything about their being a problem but who knows. I haven't been commissioned yet. I have already been accepted for the scholarship, but still havent been sworn in. I'm holding off until i know EXACTLY where i'm going to school. Probably will be at NYU but still waiting to see if others take me off the waitlist. So you have been accepted right?

Yeah I met the matrix and am going to go to UNLV. I'm just waiting to be commissioned. Do you know the dates for COT yet?

BigRed in a nut shell what can we expect?

There is nothing funnier than watching Bus Drivers run around in their pressed and manicured uniforms pretending to be soldiers. Have fun at your two week vacation spot known as COT. I hear you put in a full two hour day. You Air Forcers always make me laugh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS - I believe that Navy football and rugby kicked the **** out of the AF this year. Hoorah to all of my Squid and Devil Dog hoodlums!

anyone want to defend the AF bicycle test or their incredibly difficult 1.5 mile run in 22 minutes?

I have dropped more bombs on Eglin AFB in the Navy vs Air Force exercises than you all will in COT.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

anyone want to defend the AF bicycle test or their incredibly difficult 1.5 mile run in 22 minutes?

I have dropped more bombs on Eglin AFB in the Navy vs Air Force exercises than you all will in COT.

You do realize that all the HPSP programs are basically the same..right? They're not meant to turn you in combat soldiers. They are formulated to give people the chance to increase their experience, allow them to serve their coutry, and also help them afford an expensive healthcare education. Clearly you're goal is to just try and start a pissing contest b/t the army/airforce/navy when you should be realizing that military is military..and everyone in the armed forces is on the SAME side. Frankly, I feel sorry for people like you. I have uncles in the Air Force who I guarantee have done much more to serve the U.S. than you ever will..but will you ever see me telling you that what you did is a joke? no. In fact, most civilized, decent people in this country wont...clearly a something you are not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lighten Up a bit Shamrock. Everyone in the military takes pride in their service. I am an Army attack helicopter pilot that has shot more bad dudes in the face than you have playing halo. But who cares. If a military dentist is worried about shooting up the enemy or worse--has to, then we have big problems. Enjoy your time in the AF. At the end of your four years, you will look and laugh at the other services, just like the other services are doing to you.

Seriously? You do realize that the Navy training is only 2 weeks longer and still a hell of a lot less than enlistees basic training. You want to show you are tough...go enlist...don't be a navy dentist...go be a real Seaman.

I'll be in the air force enjoying the exact same stipend and officer pay and hopefully not dealing with people like you....

I am an Army attack helicopter pilot that has shot more bad dudes in the face than you have playing halo.

I hope they weren't simply "bad dudes" according to our brilliant 43rd president of the United States.

Lighten Up a bit Shamrock. Everyone in the military takes pride in their service. I am an Army attack helicopter pilot that has shot more bad dudes in the face than you have playing halo. But who cares. If a military dentist is worried about shooting up the enemy or worse--has to, then we have big problems. Enjoy your time in the AF. At the end of your four years, you will look and laugh at the other services, just like the other services are doing to you.

Did I say anything about a dentist worrying to shoot anyone? I dont think so. I'm not going to start some stupid online argument because you for some reason are up on a high horse. I'm glad for choosing the path I have, I would never laugh at any branch of the service or anyone in them...but if you want to, go for it..it just goes to show that there are people in all walks of life who get off on trying to belittle others...its sad really.

I hope they weren't simply "bad dudes" according to our brilliant 43rd president of the United States.

No, most were recently released from Gitmo and back to bomb making, or in the act of trying to kill me, other US forces, or friendly forces from that country. Some targets we went after had done some horrible things like kidnapping peoples children to persuade them to fight the US and then returning them with no arms. I'm not bloodthirsty so everyone I shot really deserved it.

Did I say anything about a dentist worrying to shoot anyone? I dont think so. I'm not going to start some stupid online argument because you for some reason are up on a high horse. I'm glad for choosing the path I have, I would never laugh at any branch of the service or anyone in them...but if you want to, go for it..it just goes to show that there are people in all walks of life who get off on trying to belittle others...its sad really.

You can say what you want now, having no military experience, but the AF is defiantly the way to go and you will look at other services and be glad you are there. In combat there were lots of Army dentists that were deployed for a year, but there were no AF dentists and the AF guys that were around were only deployed for 3 months. Shamrock, I'm with ya bro.

If you haven't spent one day in the military, then don't start a pissing fight with someone who has. Once you have done your time than you can join in on the cross service rivalries.:cool:

It's really annoying when good threads get turned into stupid arguments

C'mon I'm just kiddin! Lightn up a bit:laugh:

Another thread bites the dust... sheeh...

It's really annoying when good threads get turned into stupid arguments

agreed. I didn't mean to come off like I was adding fuel to a fire. I just dont like people putting down someone elses career path...in the end, we're all on this b/c we want to be dentists correct? This thread was meant to see who applied for the USAF scholarship, not to see how many people have issues with a particular military branch. In my opinion, they are all important and do great things for everyone.

BigRed in a nut shell what can we expect?

Expect very long days and not much sleep at night. The PT isn't that bad but waking up at 4 AM for me is always a pain and Alabama is hot even at that hour. Expect to be challenged physically, emotionally, and mentally. You will definitely be pissed off at certain parts but in the end everything seems to come together and make sense. I had a lot of fun and got to meet a lot of diverse people and make some life long friends. I miss the military life now that I am back in the "real world". Also, the food isn't so great but its so cheap--I ordered too much if I spent over a dollar on a meal. Good luck!

Well, I havent been awarded the AF scholarship yet, but I can guarantee that your fat arse would go down a half mile before I finished you on a 1.5 mile run.

Zing, zing.

Seriously? You do realize that the Navy training is only 2 weeks longer and still a hell of a lot less than enlistees basic training. You want to show you are tough...go enlist...don't be a navy dentist...go be a real Seaman.

I'll be in the air force enjoying the exact same stipend and officer pay and hopefully not dealing with people like you....

I did my 13 weeks of OCS at NAS Pensacola with Marines training me to be a hunter, survivor and killer. Then I spent 6 weeks in API, 14 weeks in primary with SERE training (you know where they take you and whoop your a$$ and then tell you to make it home in less than three weeks), after that I did intermediate and advanced flight training, all with Marines training me. I did my time. In the air, on the sea and on land. I guess you are compairing AF COT with Navy OIS, but I am comparing OCS to that two week vacation you think is officer training. Do 13 weeks with Marines then we can talk. I never said I wanted to be a Navy dentist.

As far as dealing with people like me, there is an entire fleet of Naval Aviators with the same attitude. But, you will probably not come into contact with them in Minot North Dakota.

Hoorah to all my Navy and Marine Corps Hoodlums.

Well, I havent been awarded the AF scholarship yet, but I can guarantee that your fat arse would go down a half mile before I finished you on a 1.5 mile run.

Zing, zing.

My PT for aviation and OCS was pull-ups (17 minimum), crunches (100 minimum) and a 3 mile run (24 minutes minimum). I put my 19:19, 3 mile up against your AF 1.5 mile anyday.

Keep trying...there is nothing I laugh at more than chair force rangers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Air Force - when you positively have to look like a bus driver!

My PT for aviation and OCS was pull-ups (17 minimum), crunches (100 minimum) and a 3 mile run (24 minutes minimum). I put my 19:19, 3 mile up against your AF 1.5 mile anyday.

Keep trying...there is nothing I laugh at more than chair force rangers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Air Force - when you positively have to look like a bus driver!

Coming to the USAF thread to try to put down others career choices -- when you positively have to prove to the world you are a complete knob job

[/B]

Coming to the USAF thread to try to put down others career choices -- when you positively have to prove to the world you are a complete knob job

If you can't take the banter...don't join the military. You commented that we are all on the side. We sure are...but we are also competitve. Tell me how many Airmen have died in Iraq? Compare that to my Shipmates and Marines who have. Hoorah to Heli-Doctor for shooting up those who try to shoot us first. I certainly want to say Hoorah to my Army bratz in green. It takes balls, not a drill, to join any branch of the service. So why dont you show some balls and make a good come back for the Air Force? Or do I need to get out the Navy jokes for you?
I will start -

Why did the Navy change from using bar soap to using powder soap?

cuz it takes longer to pick up!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Which Service has the Dumbest Officers? *
Well, in the Coast Guard the officers stay nice and dry on land, while the enlisted people head out to sea in all sorts of weather.
In the Army, the officers stand behind the troops and shout, "Attack!"
In the Navy, the officers stand on the bridge and steer the ship into action.
In the Marine Corps, the officers stand in front of the troops and shout, "Attack!"
And in the Air Force? Well, the officers go off to battle in their pretty flight suits, flying their expesnive toys, while the enlisted people head for the club for a long one.

Emailed to me from an air force colonel himself. So yes, i can take banter and jokes if you must know....oh and fyi, i call all my friends knob jobs..so that wasn't meant to be an insult

If this thread continues this way, I'm sure a moderator will shut it down :thumbdown: . You don't want that to happen now, do you?

Wow, I had no idea that the armed forces was such a "big-dick" contest. This thread is hilarious. :laugh:

I commission on Wednesday and will be at the June COT. Can't wait to meet some of you!!

There are two sessions and the one I am going to begins on May 28th and ends in June. The second sessions runs through July.

Commissioning Wednesday as well and attending the July COT. See you there Shamrock.

Commissioning Wednesday as well and attending the July COT. See you there Shamrock.

Awesome, I haven't been commissioned yet b/c I haven't sent my acceptance letter to my recruiter yet. I'm hoping I can still get in the July COT..even though I dont see it as being a problem. I've been holding out to see if I get taken off waitlists..but I dont think that'll happen so by the end of the month I should send him my letter and get commissioned

It doesn't matter if the school you were accepted to isn't where you want to go. As long as you have an acceptance somewhere you can get on the list for COT. Don't wait to be taken off a wait-list because the spots for COT fill up quickly with other health professionals and lawyers. (My recruiter even said that sometimes there aren't enough spots for everyone.) If you are eventually accepted to a school you'd rather go to, just tell your recruiter that you want to go to a different school - it's not a big deal.

bumping this thread and seeing if anyone who was selected for the HPSP plans on going to the May 30-June 29th COT Date? I Just got my travel request today. Any other takers?