USC 2nd interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mecathylu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just received invitation letter to USC's 2nd interview on jan 20th at 11am. looks like they sent out the letters on Dec 13th. Since I live in socal, so I received it 2 days later. anyone else got it?

Members don't see this ad.

Cathy, I also got the letter :). But I am in a bit of a dilemma. UOP scheduled my interview on the 19th, so I don't know if I should re-schedule the usc interview:(. I have heard that usc doesn't allow rescheduling. I don't know what to do. I had been hoping to get an interview with uop at an earlier date. What do you guys suggest I should do?

Thanks!!!

Cathy, I also got the letter :). But I am in a bit of a dilemma. UOP scheduled my interview on the 19th, so I don't know if I should re-schedule the usc interview:(. I have heard that usc doesn't allow rescheduling. I don't know what to do. I had been hoping to get an interview with uop at an earlier date. What do you guys suggest I should do?

Thanks!!!

Are you from out of state?

It's only about 5 hour drive from Stockton to LA. If you haven't booked a flight yet (assuming that's necessary) You could fly into Stockton/Sacto/Bay Area. Drive to UOP, Stay the night in LA, fly out of LA,Long Beach, Burbank.

Members don't see this ad :)
What time is you'r UOP interview and what time is your SC interview?

Perosnally, I dont reccomned rescheduling. It's still a bit early and so Im sure you can get a flight that will accomadate both. It may just cost a little more. Also, you wont have to prep for interviews twice. It may be a little stressfull, but it's gonna be sooooo worth it when u get in!:D

Thanks!!!

Anyone from norcal receive anything??? I didn't get a letter I'm so anxious.. :scared:

I turned in both pharmcas and supplemental on Oct. 6th. I live in the same city as Cathy so it makes sense that we received the letters on the same day. Hope you will hear from them soon!

when did you guys turn in your apps?

I already booked a flight to sacramento...I don't drive, so it makes it very difficult. I am worried that it might get too stressful. After the very bad interview I had last year, I kinda want to make it easy for myself. Do you guys know if it's very bad to re-schedule? Like they will not even grant me another interview? and since they are interviewing a lot of applicants at one time, the later the interview, the worse my chances?
Thanks!

Are you from out of state?

It's only about 5 hour drive from Stockton to LA. If you haven't booked a flight yet (assuming that's necessary) You could fly into Stockton/Sacto/Bay Area. Drive to UOP, Stay the night in LA, fly out of LA,Long Beach, Burbank.

I already booked a flight to sacramento...I don't drive, so it makes it very difficult. I am worried that it might get too stressful. After the very bad interview I had last year, I kinda want to make it easy for myself. Do you guys know if it's very bad to re-schedule? Like they will not even grant me another interview? and since they are interviewing a lot of applicants at one time, the later the interview, the worse my chances?
Thanks!

I would try to reschedule the UOP one if possible. Doesn't UOP have multiple interviews a month?

USC only has one a month.

Up to you... which one do you prefer to attend? Go with that and reschedule the other one.

darnit, i have a mercer interview on the 19th and usc interview on the 20th.
does mercer have multiple interviews per month?

:thumbdown:
Thanks!

Depends on what you mean by don't drive. Are you taking a shuttle to Stockton from Sacto, or are you bringing someone with you who does drive. Or do you just prefer not to drive. Of the three, the shuttle would be hardest, because you'd have to arrange one of two things. Either a flight from Sacto to Ontario, LAX,Long Beach, Burbank (all within an Hour of USC and flights on Southwest range $39-$79 each way if you fly back to Sacto for your return trip home from there) and another shuttle (possibly change hotel if you've already booked Sacto/Stockton) The other option would be to try a bus or something (Greyhound??) and make it to LA in a decent amount of time. If you have late UOP and early USC it could make you exhausted for the inteview:thumbdown:.

If you have someone driving, the 5 hour drive, while boring, could put you in LA by 10 pm, still enough time to get a decent night's rest and be up for 9,10,11am interview (depending on prep time, as a guy I don't allot much time for that:laugh: ))

If you can drive, but don't. I'd say it's worth it.

As far as how bad rescheduling looks, I don't know. I haven't seen in posts where very many people are able to. Those that can, I haven't seen conflicting interviews as a valid reason.

Anyone from norcal receive anything??? I didn't get a letter I'm so anxious.. :scared:

I'm from the Bay Area and I got my letter today, but I 'm going to have to cancel the interview because I already deposited the $ for Touro

Just got the letter today! I'm really happy, after a bad day of finals it was something nice to come home to! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the letter today! I'm really happy, after a bad day of finals it was something nice to come home to! :)

I got my letter too!!! :D My appts at 11:40, so I'll see you guys there? YAY to us! This is my first interview, so it's a HUGE relief after sitting here and seeing all you guys get interviews and acceptances elsewhere. Who else will be there? :)

My application probably wasn't reviewed because they lost my check :( It took them a month to tell me that my application wasn't complete! Now I have to wait till later for their next batch.

I got my letter too!!! :D My appts at 11:40, so I'll see you guys there? YAY to us! This is my first interview, so it's a HUGE relief after sitting here and seeing all you guys get interviews and acceptances elsewhere. Who else will be there? :)

I got mine, too!! 11:40am appointment :)
See you all there ^^

hi polar bear, i was wondering which part of nor cal are u from?

evilolive-

they lost my check too! I guess we will just have to wait at least for another month before we hear from them regarding the third interview :(

evilolive-

they lost my check too! I guess we will just have to wait at least for another month before we hear from them regarding the third interview :(

It makes me mad too, because I sent the mail certified and I'm *certain* the office received it. USC better be worth it :)

Hey guys,

My interview for USC is at 8:30 am. Does anyone have early interview like me? That is so freaking early for me! But I am not going to complain because I got an interview :D

Hey guys,

My interview for USC is at 8:30 am. Does anyone have early interview like me? That is so freaking early for me! But I am not going to complain because I got an interview :D

Do you live around the LA area? It seems to me that they gave out-of-staters and non SoCal residents later times so it's more convenient for them, so maybe that's why they're making you wake up so early.

When are you guys going to arrive? I heard that people mentioned Jim talks to the students, but is he going to talk for each and every group that comes in? Or should we just come in early, mingle, and wait around.

My interview is at 10:20, I'm so thankful its later in the day. I have never driven in the LA area before :scared: and am so worried i'm going to get lost. I'm probably going to be there SUPER early.

to those who checks were lost, how did you know that was the case?

Do you live around the LA area? It seems to me that they gave out-of-staters and non SoCal residents later times so it's more convenient for them, so maybe that's why they're making you wake up so early.

When are you guys going to arrive? I heard that people mentioned Jim talks to the students, but is he going to talk for each and every group that comes in? Or should we just come in early, mingle, and wait around.

Jim talks to you guys at the scheduled interview times, but of course you can come early and mingle around. We usually have a few first year students mingling in the waiting area. Good luck

Hey guys I was wondering, you know for the essay we have to write.. do you think it has to be entirely new? I answered the question basically in my pharmCAS essay and I was wondering if I could just take parts of it from there. I can re-write it I guess but it would basically be the same material.

Hey guys I was wondering, you know for the essay we have to write.. do you think it has to be entirely new? I answered the question basically in my pharmCAS essay and I was wondering if I could just take parts of it from there. I can re-write it I guess but it would basically be the same material.

you can just put together parts of your personal statement and application materials. it is supposed to just be an informative essay for your interviewers to know something about you. your interviewers will actually not have your application with them but just the essay when they interview you.

so i sent in all my application stuff by november 1st, and it says on my pharmcas that the application was mailed to USC on november 6th...

yet i haven't heard anything back from USC about completed application or interviews... and ive called them a few times asking about my application status and they just keep telling me to wait...

has anyone else had this problem? how long after you've submitted your stuff did you hear back? the lady at the admissions office just told me 2 months... did it take this long for everyone else too or is anyone having this same problem right now? :confused:

Thanks!!!

I don't think u should reschedule USC either cause they have rolling admission. The earlier the interview, the better chance for u to get accepted

For the students that got an invite for the secound round of interviews at USC did you guys submit you application early (June-October) let me know

For the students that got an invite for the secound round of interviews at USC did you guys submit you application early (June-October) let me know

I submitted my PharmCAS on Sep 26th (it was mailed out on Oct 9th) and mailed my supplemental on Oct 6th. I guess that's early, it's not right at the deadline. I got a confirmation email on Nov 3rd and another one on the 6th.

I submitted my PharmCAS on Sep 26th (it was mailed out on Oct 9th) and mailed my supplemental on Oct 6th. I guess that's early, it's not right at the deadline. I got a confirmation email on Nov 3rd and another one on the 6th.

senzabee, the second email confirmation, what was that for?

senzabee, the second email confirmation, what was that for?

You get one email first that either confirms that your application is complete or indicates that it is incomplete and lets you know what is missing. This is an attachment that just has an "X" next to whatever your status is.

The second email gives you a file number (4-digits) and has an attachment with a title like "lack" or something like that. It makes it sound like they're telling you that you are lacking stuff, but it's just a list of their prereqs, the courses you are using to fulfill them, and which courses you still need to complete from that list. I was freaking out at this because I know that I've taken or will take all of their prereqs, but others said they got it and it's just reminding you of what you still need to take. After that, nothing! Just waited for the month and a half since I obviously knew the earliest interview I could get was the January one.

Good luck! :)

Hey I received an interiveiw for Jan. 20th at 8am. BUTT i lost my letter so I dont know where to go to confirm! I tried calling USC but they're closed until Jan. 2nd. Could you please help me out? Thanks.

Hey I received an interiveiw for Jan. 20th at 8am. BUTT i lost my letter so I dont know where to go to confirm! I tried calling USC but they're closed until Jan. 2nd. Could you please help me out? Thanks.

e-mail [email protected]

PS- make sure to add your name and file # on the top left side of your paper

thank polarbear. So do i send my confirmation and the essay they requested to that email address? or should I email that address telling them I lost my letter?

thank polarbear. So do i send my confirmation and the essay they requested to that email address? or should I email that address telling them I lost my letter?

Well I'm pretty sure they sent us the same letter, so that should be the same e-mail in your letter right? I would just send the essay and confirmation to that e-mail, and call them when they open in January as soon as you can just to make sure.

thank you sooo much polar bear. and happy holidays to you and your family :)

I got mine, too!! 11:40am appointment :)
See you all there ^^

I got USC 2nd interview couple weeks ago too. mine is 11:30am. = ) This is my first interview i have received.

I have a question abou their prerequisites tho, i have taken both molecular biology and genetics in fall 2006, the semester just past. either one of those course will fulfill the molecular requirement for USC, but i have got a better grade in genetics, will USC admission take the better one into the prerequisites GPA calculation??

so i sent in all my application stuff by november 1st, and it says on my pharmcas that the application was mailed to USC on november 6th...

yet i haven't heard anything back from USC about completed application or interviews... and ive called them a few times asking about my application status and they just keep telling me to wait...

has anyone else had this problem? how long after you've submitted your stuff did you hear back? the lady at the admissions office just told me 2 months... did it take this long for everyone else too or is anyone having this same problem right now? :confused:

Pharmcas submitted 10/26, printout mailed 10/30. received confirmation/file number 12/14. I called 12/11 to find out what happened (posted this somewhere) and they said they'd had problems with a few people not getting emails and they would send me a duplicated. Called again 12/14/06 and they finally got the email to me. I tried checking to see if I could give them an alternate email address, but they said they only had space for one. They would have switched, but I decided since I did get their email, I'd leave the one they had.

Pharmcas submitted 10/26, printout mailed 10/30. received confirmation/file number 12/14. I called 12/11 to find out what happened (posted this somewhere) and they said they'd had problems with a few people not getting emails and they would send me a duplicated. Called again 12/14/06 and they finally got the email to me. I tried checking to see if I could give them an alternate email address, but they said they only had space for one. They would have switched, but I decided since I did get their email, I'd leave the one they had.

A friend of mines applied around the deadline, called a week or so ago to see what was up, and they said they received her app but hadn't reviewed it yet. I'm thinking that they received quite a bit of "right-at-the-deadline" applications, which is why they're taking so darn long. Just hold tight for the Feb or Mar interviews!