USC 3rd interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
About how far (time wise) is UCLA from the USC health sciences campus?

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

About how far (time wise) is UCLA from the USC health sciences campus?

Thanks again!

With no traffic: it's about a 25-30 minute drive on the 10E.
With LA traffic: who knows, I would give it an hour.

Ash375, you sound familiar. Were you at WesternU's interview on 1/27?
yeah i was at western on 1/27...did i meet u? were u part of the group sitting with me before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got one too but darn, it's the SAME DAY as for UCSD.

i don't know what to do. if i put back USC, it'll be tough later b/c the last one is in march.

guess i have to ask for a delay for USC b/c UCSD doesn't have any other ones right later on?

hope USC does't reject

Hmm, I would recommend changing UCSD, not USC. Why? Because USC is a rolling admissions school but UCSD is not. When I interviewed last year (3rd session), the acceptance rate was 15% for interviewers. If I had interviewed at the first or second session, the acceptance rate would've been around 50%. Those who interview early have a much higher chance of being accepted.

Sorry to burst the bubble for you late interviewers.

Hmm, I would recommend changing UCSD, not USC. Why? Because USC is a rolling admissions school but UCSD is not. When I interviewed last year (3rd session), the acceptance rate was 15% for interviewers. If I had interviewed at the first or second session, the acceptance rate would've been around 50%. Those who interview early have a much higher chance of being accepted.

Sorry to burst the bubble for you late interviewers.

i know but UCSD sent their invitation a month and a half ahead of USC and i confirmed it the end of december. if i change it now, they're prollie not even gonna interview me.

i just can't believe these 2 schools in close proximity wouldn't know about this problem. hope USC doesn't hold it against me.

yea i know it sucks for me b/c the last one is tougher to get in.

i know but UCSD sent their invitation a month and a half ahead of USC and i confirmed it the end of december. if i change it now, they're prollie not even gonna interview me.

i just can't believe these 2 schools in close proximity wouldn't know about this problem. hope USC doesn't hold it against me.

yea i know it sucks for me b/c the last one is tougher to get in.

C'mon man, have some confidence. If both schools decide to interview you that must mean you're worthy in their eyes. Don't fear the rejection, do what you have to do.

I think it really comes down to which school you like better. Life is full of tough decisions, but this is a nice one to have. I was shot down by my own alma mater, so there's reason for hope for you.

C'mon man, have some confidence. If both schools decide to interview you that must mean you're worthy in their eyes. Don't fear the rejection, do what you have to do.

I think it really comes down to which school you like better. Life is full of tough decisions, but this is a nice one to have. I was shot down by my own alma mater, so there's reason for hope for you.

i'm not fearing rejection when they interview me. i'm just saying to be rejected over things like that is dumb. that's why i didn't hesitate to change the USC date even knowing that it's rolling admissions. if they reject me after they itnerview me, fine.

I wanted to clarify the USC interview process as well so people don't worry. Once you interview, you will receive an acceptance letter or an "active consideration" (waitlist) letter in about 1-2 weeks. After they conducted all 4 sessions, they will look at the active consideration list and accept more applicants. In my session (session 3) 85% of the people were initially turned away, but a lot of them got accepted later on. So even if you didn't get in right away, there is still hope.

yeah i was at western on 1/27...did i meet u? were u part of the group sitting with me before the interview?

I don't think so. My group did the essay part first and then the interview after the building tour. But I remember someone sitting in a row far away from me when group A and B were still in the classroom together at the beginning of the day and I thought you looked familiar, but I wasn't sure. And then later, I remembered that I attended summer school at UCI and one of my friends is Indian and he was chatting about pharmacy with someone named Ashley and on this message board, your sn is ASH375 so I assumed your name is Ashley and you sorta talk like Ashley from UCI so I am just making a wild guess that you're the same person I met at UCI. If I'm wrong, then sorry, I must have meet someone else that day. My bad.

I will also be at the USC interview on Feb 10th! After my UCSF interview last week, I feel pretty confident about the USC one! Plus, I went there for undergrad so I am part of the family :)

Congrats to everyone for recieving interviews from USC! And for those who haven't...remember there's still hope. Also, from what I have heard, I feel as though many of the schools are waitlisting even those with the most competitive GPAs just because they want to make their decisions after interviewing all qualified applicants. In fact, the majority of the people who I met at the SF interview had their USC interviews early and were waitlisted!

Again, good luck everyone!!

Hi, my letter from USC was sent out 1/24 but it was lost so the lady from USC called me last friday. I dont know what I'm suppose to incorporate in my 300 word prompt, can someone please tell me or personal message me the prompt? please.... I have to email it out by thursday..... =/ Thank you.