USC Active Consideration List Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyyuan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello :)

Does anyone know exactly how the active consideration list works at USC?
How long until they let you know what your place is on the list, and do they tell you via email?
Any idea how may people they actually take off of the list?

Also, any one know their stats on out of state students?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not really sure how active consideration works, but if it helps any I just got off active consideration and the only thing I turned in was my transcript with updated pre-reqs. I got an A- in Physiology Lab last quarter and I am now only missing one pre-req which I will complete in spring.

I heard from other posters people get into USC a lot of the times once their pre-reqs are complete or they recieve their BS, USC is very big on people completing their BS.

Best of luck to you :luck:

After USC makes the final decision for the march interview, they will finalize an actual waitlist from the active considerees. If I remember correctly, they end up declining admission to half of the active considerees, admit one fourth of the active considerees, and put one fourth on the actual wait list. And yes, sending in your transcripts periodically as you complete each semester/quarter, even if not prereq classes, helps A LOT!