usc active consideration? rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

image512

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people on the usc active consideration,
I heard a news today from one of my friends on the active consideration which really go me scared. She got her rejection today in the mail. I was wondering if any one else got the same letter and if I should start waiting for mine from usc too?
I was really counting on USC, but it seems like they are not wasting time!!!! they are sending out those rejection letters very soon,
so have any of you guys heard any bad news too,
or are we safe for now?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by image512
Hey people on the usc active consideration,
I heard a news today from one of my friends on the active consideration which really go me scared. She got her rejection today in the mail. I was wondering if any one else got the same letter and if I should start waiting for mine from usc too?
I was really counting on USC, but it seems like they are not wasting time!!!! they are sending out those rejection letters very soon,
so have any of you guys heard any bad news too,
or are we safe for now?:confused:

Just FYI, USC still has another applicant pool to consider...they are interviewing this coming Saturday. So far, the school has received about 1,300 applicants for the ~180 slots. I'm not sure how many they have already accepted.

ok, i got a letter today also...i have not read it yet myself, so i am going from what my mother told me...basically, it says that they accepted i think 7 people off the previous active consideration list, rejected 60 from active consideration list and currently have 120 left on the list. Fortunately, they left me on the active consideration list for now. I guess yr friend was one of the 60 something people rejected.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry i'm actually one of those 7 that got accepted. But that might be a sign that active consideration is not rejection...so don't worry you still have a chance!

Originally posted by calgal03
sorry i'm actually one of those 7 that got accepted. But that might be a sign that active consideration is not rejection...so don't worry you still have a chance!

Congrats Calgal03, lucky number 7 =). I hope you will choose USC. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Originally posted by calgal03

me too! actually, i was chosen from the feb. 21st interview. i wasn't put on active consideration, but lots of my friends are and they're still clinging to hope. who knows, they might choose another 7 (or more) from the next pool along with the ones from this saturday's interview. just have to wait i guess...... good luck everyone!