USC applicant survey-green sheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masksof2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, the questions in the green sheet- the applicant survey- are mainly describe this... describe that.....!! and the space given is not as much. so i am getting confused by what they meant by the word "describe"!

for eg: they say... describe any extracurricular activities that u have participated in.

so does it mean that we list each activity and "describe" it in 2-3 sentences or does it mean that we kinda write a paragraph involving all the extracurricular activities and talk about wat we learnt from each and how it applies to dentistry and thus "describe" the activities!

hope this made sense....

-masksof2004

Members don't see this ad.

i was going to write a draft on my computer and write a nice copy with a small writing. i thought i could fit quite a lot in that space. Yeah.. still i wonder how much would be enough.. anybody?

i wrote about 3-4 sentences for each question last year

Members don't see this ad :)
I listed each activity, and described them in 1 or 2 sentences. I did not have enough space so I could not write more than one or two sentences for each activity. Hope it works out!

Did you guys receive the sheet from mail or dl on line? I forgot what to bring to usc interview...Thanks

Did you guys receive the sheet from mail or dl on line? I forgot what to bring to usc interview...Thanks

Last cycle it was mailed out. Because the earlier posts on this tread referred to it as the "green sheet," my guess is that they also received it via mail (unless they fed their own blank green paper into their printer when printing it out.)

And to answer the OP: I also listed each activity separately and wrote a few sentences describing each. It's much easier for the adcom to pull out relevant info that way instead of a huge block of text like if you went the paragraph route.

Last cycle it was mailed out. Because the earlier posts on this tread referred to it as the "green sheet," my guess is that they also received it via mail (unless they fed their own blank green paper into their printer when printing it out.)

And to answer the OP: I also listed each activity separately and wrote a few sentences describing each. It's much easier for the adcom to pull out relevant info that way instead of a huge block of text like if you went the paragraph route.

I have an interview next week, and I received my packet two weeks ago. I am sure you will receive it soon. The green survey is the same as secondary application that they attached to your e-mail when they invited you for an interview.

I agree with Hysteria that it is better to list activities first and then write few sentences to explain each activity.

My package was soaked in rain when I got it. I dried it up but still heavy wrinkles are there.

Should I make a nice neat copy by myself or just write down in the original one? Do you guys think that it would be a matter if I make the copy in white paper rather in the colorful one??

My package was soaked in rain when I got it. I dried it up but still heavy wrinkles are there.

Should I make a nice neat copy by myself or just write down in the original one? Do you guys think that it would be a matter if I make the copy in white paper rather in the colorful one??

USC attaches the survey sheet with the interview invite. Check that email. And why would the color of paper matter?

i called USC on friday... and asked the lady if i could type my answers on a separate sheet of paper, and if the length of the answers mattered or not. She said it dint matter.... and asked me to do it--handwrite it, retype it, cut and paste it-- however i wanted!!

-masksof2004